Hello from Botswana and South Africa

John Telford

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Member of
Phasa ,SA Wingshooters, Botswana Tourism (HATAB), Pretoria Arms and Ammunition Association PAAA.
Hunted
South Africa , Botswana,
Like many other members on this forum I have been reading the posts on this site for many years and somehow feel that I already know many of you!
I’m a collector of classic rifles, part time PH and Off road racing driver having done the Botswana 1000 km race a few times. Hunting is really a passion as is the thrill of uncovering a gem of a rifle in the closet of an unappreciative owner....

Welcome.. Do you live in RSA or Botswana?

Hi Bruce - RSA during lockdown! You?

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to AH posting side.

Welcome to AH John Telford! Nice to have you on the posting side.

Welcome aboard John. How about some photos of those classic rifles you are talking about as well as some photos and a story or two about what game you have taken in the past?

John, welcome to the forum! Glad you finally decided to join!

Hallo John Telford,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Great minds think alike.
Classic, vintage rifles are time machines.
All these newest muzzle braked, fluted stainless steel barreled, plastic stocked things, with giant top heavy telescopes on them, only inspire yawns and shrugs from me.

Cheers,
Paul.

Giday John and welcome to the A H forums

Hi John, welcome to AH !

Welcome to AH, John!

Good to have you here.
Bruce

Welcome John. Please tell us about your classic rifles.
Most are Mauser m98 I like to collect the rifles in their proprietary calibers such as 404 by Jeffery, 375 by Holland 9.5 by Mannlicher , 9.3 by mauser etc. I do also have a few misfits such as the 303 by Rigby

Hallo John Telford,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Great minds think alike.
Classic, vintage rifles are time machines.
All these newest muzzle braked, fluted stainless steel barreled, plastic stocked things, with giant top heavy telescopes on them, only inspire yawns and shrugs from me.

Cheers,
Paul.
Ja Paul agreed,
Last time i was in Windhoek i missed out on a beautiful type A 7x57 Mauser that the owner sold for about N$5000. I bought him a few beers at Joes Beer house to drown out his sorrows when i told him what i would have paid for it...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BelleTjalk

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you