Hello from Australia

Skins

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

My name is Shane and I am an Aussie, currently living on the east coast of Australia, who will be relocating to north western Zambia for 24 months in the very near future.
I have never lived in Africa before and I know very little of the rules and regulations around bow hunting in Zambia. Could any one advise me on what I should be aware of:

Is there any formal permission or licence I will need to bring a bow into Zambia?
I have to hunt with a registered hunting safari or can I hunt alone?
Are there areas I can hunt in without having to pay fees (non-national parks)?
Are there any laws about travelling with bows?
Any other information you would think will benefit me.

I would appreciate any help on this matter and I look forward to your replies.

Cheers,
Skins....

Welcome to the forum, Shane !

Welcome Skins, great to see more Aussies on the site.

Hope you find the info your looking for and the very best of luck with your relocation.

I understand that Zambia offers some incredible hunting oportunities though there may be some fairly restrictive limitations on solo hunting as well as access, at least in comparison to what your used to.

Best of luck, keep us up-dated,
Paul.

Welcome Shane to AH! Hope you find all the info you need and the Best of Luck with your next two years in Zambia. May the hunting be Great.

Gooday Skins and welcome. Most envious of your upcoming move. Good luck with any hunting opportunities & safe travelling.

Welcome to the forum. I doubt if you can hunt anywhere in Zambia without paying a fee. Hunting usually occurs in Game Areas, some of which are adjacent to national parks. Part of the fees for hunting in Game Areas go to the local community. Good luck and it would be nice if you can keep us up to date about bow hunting in Zambia.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
febixix695

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois