Hello from Australia

Skins

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

My name is Shane and I am an Aussie, currently living on the east coast of Australia, who will be relocating to north western Zambia for 24 months in the very near future.
I have never lived in Africa before and I know very little of the rules and regulations around bow hunting in Zambia. Could any one advise me on what I should be aware of:

Is there any formal permission or licence I will need to bring a bow into Zambia?
I have to hunt with a registered hunting safari or can I hunt alone?
Are there areas I can hunt in without having to pay fees (non-national parks)?
Are there any laws about travelling with bows?
Any other information you would think will benefit me.

I would appreciate any help on this matter and I look forward to your replies.

Cheers,
Skins....

Nyati

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Member of
RFEC, RFETO
Hunted
Spain, Finland, RSA ( KwaZulu Natal, Limpopo, North West, Northern Cape, Free State ).
Welcome to the forum, Shane !

PaulT

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
S.C.I. International. Rowland Ward. Sporting shooters Association of Australia. Australian Deer Association.
Hunted
Aus. N.Z & Zim.
Welcome Skins, great to see more Aussies on the site.

Hope you find the info your looking for and the very best of luck with your relocation.

I understand that Zambia offers some incredible hunting oportunities though there may be some fairly restrictive limitations on solo hunting as well as access, at least in comparison to what your used to.

Best of luck, keep us up-dated,
Paul.

Bobpuckett

Gold supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
NAHC Life Member, NRA Life Member,SCI, Buckmasters
Hunted
USA(from Coast to Coast and Alaska), Germany, South Africa, Canada
Welcome Shane to AH! Hope you find all the info you need and the Best of Luck with your next two years in Zambia. May the hunting be Great.

messmate

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Sporting Shooters Association Australia. Australian Deer Association
Hunted
Australia, New Zealand, South Africa
Gooday Skins and welcome. Most envious of your upcoming move. Good luck with any hunting opportunities & safe travelling.

dwerner

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia
Welcome to the forum. I doubt if you can hunt anywhere in Zambia without paying a fee. Hunting usually occurs in Game Areas, some of which are adjacent to national parks. Part of the fees for hunting in Game Areas go to the local community. Good luck and it would be nice if you can keep us up to date about bow hunting in Zambia.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeronicaBu

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

flatwater bill wrote on KHOMAS HIGHLAND HUNTING SAFARIS's profile.
I hope your hunting season has started off well. I am coming to Namibia for the 7th time in late April of 2022. I am bringing two friends who have never hunted outside of the USA. I have several questions, but before I write them all, I will wait to see if you receive this. Please give a shout................................best regards.........................Bill...............Idaho, USA
My name’s Wyatt Baker. I’m a card-carrying NRA member, an avid outdoorsman, long-time angler, and a big Patrick McManus fan.
Does anyone know where to buy a chamber reamer to convert .458 win to .458 Lott? I hear it is very easy to do—?
Gerry Addison wrote on KKovar's profile.
Do you still have the set of gaiters you talked about on the site? Gerry
Ihuntbiggame wrote on Krist Atanasoff's profile.
Hi Krist, I’m interested in your Sako , can you please send me a email with a better description and your asking price . Thank you. From. Mike