Hello all

gregrn43

AH senior member
Joined
Dec 1, 2025
Messages
79
Reaction score
79
My name is Greg. I come from NE Arkansas and have lived here my entire life. I been a ER nurse for the past 21 years. I joined this forum several months ago, but this is my first post. I have never hunted out of the US and to tell the truth I've barely hunted out of the state of Arkansas, but I have deer hunted in Ohio for many years.

I have hunted ever since I was a little boy and have always dreamed of hunting in Africa. Next year my daughter and myself are planning a trip to south Africa for a plains game hunt. I handload my own shells and have for the past 38 years. Since the first of the year I have been working up loads for our rifles we will take. Hunting around here cup and core bullets work just fine, but from what I've read about Africa requires a much tougher bullet. I believe Swift scirocco's and Nosler partitions is what we are going to use. As you can imagine I will have tons of questions over the next few months. From reading the posts on here i can see there is some very experienced African hunters on here. I just wanted to introduce myself and say hi.
 
Welcome, I'm new around here too. This forum is stock full of very knowledgable and 'mostly' reasonable :) members!

Enjoy and I envy your trip with your daughter!

AJ
 
:S Welcome:
Do you have an outfitter??
 
Welcome to AH
 
Welcome! Feel free to post your questions along the way, lots of great folks who’d love nothing more than to help you in any way they can!
 
Welcome. We are going for our first to SA next year also.
 
Good day! Welcome to AH!
 
Welcome to AH Greg!
 
Welcome to AH! Glad to have you on board.
 
Welcome to AH. Enjoy the forum, it's very addicting.
 
Thanks everybody. I've enjoyed reading the posts the past several months.
 
I am from NE Arkansas (Trumann) but have lived in Texas (DFW) for over 20 years. My family are in Jonesboro. I am headed to my 4th African trip in September.

Enjoy reading the post and don't be afraid to ask questions!
 
I am from NE Arkansas (Trumann) but have lived in Texas (DFW) for over 20 years. My family are in Jonesboro. I am headed to my 4th African trip in September.

Enjoy reading the post and don't be afraid to ask questions!
I'm from walnut ridge
 
Welcome to AH!
 
Welcome to AH!!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,250
Messages
1,570,762
Members
169,154
Latest member
MarinaStur
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top