Gun control in Kiwiland

What a surprise!

In a liberals mind, it only means they did not enact enough gun control laws. More laws will be needed to get the desired results.
Correct, follow the bouncing ball of UK gun control! Take away guns and I will be damned if knife crimes don’t go up! People will figure out a way to kill each other even if the only thing available is a nerf gun and a feather duster!

People will figure out a way to kill each other even if the only thing available is a nerf gun
Some years back, there was a ruckus out in the hallway of my college dorm. A couple guys were playing Russian Roulette with a nerf revolver, taking it in turns to shoot each other. I watched for a bit, then nearly fell over laughing when one of them shot the other in his open mouth by accident so the dart popped him in the back of the throat.

I can absolutely believe that someone would find a way to use nerf darts lethally, if only by sheer accident.

In a liberals mind, it only means they did not enact enough gun control laws. More laws will be needed to get the desired results.
@Proneshooter
It is easier to control an unarmed society than an armed society. Just look at North Korea and China as well as I think Russia

In Australia the gun crime didn't really alter but after the ban on semi-automatic weapons any gun crime got major headlines. Despite these bans and our licensing system we now have MORE LICENSED FIRE ARMS OWNERS than before and this number is continually growing.
Bob

Something can double and still be insignificant. NZ has one of the lowest rates of gun deaths in the world, and it is still low. And, the data in this article do not match any other stats on any other website or public database that I could find. The numbers reported here are very different, and are the only ones that show an increase (but see above). I did find a few news articles from NZ that reported the same trend, but they did not present any data, and they could not explain the increase they reported. I am not sure that the link is credible, and it was definitely not objective.

Jeff

Down here in NZ the popular criminal firearms were sawn off double barrel shotguns and .22lr rifles. The odd crime had an old revolver. in the last few years Australia has been deporting NZ born crimes back to NZ. They have brought with them a much greater incidence of using firearms.
The number of semiauto rifles seized off crims has really increased. Going so far as a cop being killed by one as a result of a routine traffic stop about 2 weeks ago.

@Proneshooter
It is easier to control an unarmed society than an armed society. Just look at North Korea and China as well as I think Russia

In Australia the gun crime didn't really alter but after the ban on semi-automatic weapons any gun crime got major headlines. Despite these bans and our licensing system we now have MORE LICENSED FIRE ARMS OWNERS than before and this number is continually growing.
Bob
Mr. Nelson,
I agree completely with you. I worry about our next election and the results that may follow. The Dems. have finally admitted what most gun owners already knew, the banning of semi auto weapons. But it will not stop there, the death of a thousand cuts, is what will eventually lead to the banning of most if not all firearms. All of our personal freedoms are under a massive assault here, and it is not getting better.

Seams the world has gone crazy. Our Canadian Liberals are just as dumb. Lets use a pandemic and now boy Hitler has made some gun rules, announces 1500 guns but now truth is more are secretly added weekly. Guess Liberals world wide are all crazy, they all think the same. Ban legal guns, attack legal owners and confiscate property so criminals will stop doing crimes. Narrow minded idiots worldwide.

MB

I just don't understand how ANYONE could believe that banning firearms is the answer. Has this ever worked anywhere? I don't get it.

Interesting read regarding gun control in NZ from Sport Shooters’ Association of Australia, titled: “ARDERN APOLOGISES AFTER ROYAL COMMISSION MOSQUE FINDINGS”

Pretty impressive to have the commission investigate the incident and determine the vetting system failed and not just provide a rationalization supporting the knee jerk policy.
If the PM’s apology is for the initial failure AND the knee jerk policy failure I will truly be impressed. I await the result....

Pretty impressive to have the commission investigate the incident and determine the vetting system failed and not just provide a rationalization supporting the knee jerk policy.
If the PM’s apology is for the initial failure AND the knee jerk policy failure I will truly be impressed. I await the result....
Don't hold your breath.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wildkatr

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross