Greetings

Major Khan

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Dear hunters and shikarees ,
My name is Major P. Khan ( Retired ) . I am a friend of forum member and retired professional Indian shikaree , Sargeant Kawshik Rahman . I used to be a professional shikaree in Nagpur , India . I used to work for the company , Allwyn Cooper Limited which was the largest shikar outfitter in India for foreign clients , from 1954 to 1971 until the disgusting 1972 ban on hunting .
I worked there from 1961 to 1970 . My specialty was guiding clients for royal Bengal tiger shikars . However , l used to hunt other animals ( including other dangerous animals ) as well , on my personal time . I am now 79 years of age and l live in Bangladesh since 1972 . I still hunt deers , hares and birds ( both water fowls and land fowls ) , although my days of hunting dangerous game are much behind me ( although , if l was younger , l would have really liked to go to Africa to shoot a lion someday ) .
I will be writing some reminiscences of my shikar experiences here , along with my personal photographs as l have been told that you gentlemen have interest about the world of hunting in India before 1972 .
I merely have one question . What story should l proceed with first ? A royal Bengal tiger shikar ? A man eater shikar ? Or a gaur Shikar , perhaps ? Or some other beast ? Or a general overview about hunting a certain animal ? I will write one tonight then.
Yours sincerely,
Major P. Khan ( Retired )
Bangladesh Mukti Bahini

Welcome to AH. On these pages you will find hunters from all walks of life. Not only that, but we are located all over the world as well. We share our experiences and knowledge freely for the benefit, education and enjoyment of others. I am looking forward to your contributions.

Hello and welcome!

Welcome to AH. On these pages you will find hunters from all walks of life. Not only that, but we are located all over the world as well. We share our experiences and knowledge freely for the benefit, education and enjoyment of others. I am looking forward to your contributions.
Dear Shootist43 , it is my pleasure to make your acquaintance . I have just been made aware that you served in your armed forces as well. It is my honour to speak to a fellow service man . I look forward to contributing here and also learning a great deal more about modern hunting of dangerous game and modern firearms , especially in Africa which fascinates me a great deal ( especially the art of hunting lions ). I will write one reminiscence tonight .

Thank you for joining AH! It has been my great pleasure to learn from your friend Sgt. Rahman many things about hunting in your part of the world and also your fascinating culture and history. I look forward to making your acquaintance as well. I would be interested to hear about the deer hunting that you pursue today in Bangladesh. I just was deer hunting in my state of Wisconsin and took a nice doe for the venison. I of course will read avidly any article you honor this forum with writing. Thanks for joining us.

Welcome to AH!

Thank you for joining AH! It has been my great pleasure to learn from your friend Sgt. Rahman many things about hunting in your part of the world and also your fascinating culture and history. I look forward to making your acquaintance as well. I would be interested to hear about the deer hunting that you pursue today in Bangladesh. I just was deer hunting in my state of Wisconsin and took a nice doe for the venison. I of course will read avidly any article you honor this forum with writing. Thanks for joining us.
Thank you for your warm welcome . For hunting in forest area in Bangladesh ( area that is not private land ) , you need written police permission . You are allowed two of each species of deer in one year . In our country , we have cheetal deer , sambhur deer , hog deer and mouse deer .

Welcome to AH Major! I’m looking forward to reading your adventures.
FYI I have been fortunate enough to take your dream game...African lion. Unfortunately I didn’t get the opportunity in the 1960s to take one of your Royal Bengal tigers, so I look forward to reading your adventures and living the experience vicariously through you and Kawshik.
Thanks for joining AH!

Welcome sir!

Welcome to AH Major! I’m looking forward to reading your adventures.
FYI I have been fortunate enough to take your dream game...African lion. Unfortunately I didn’t get the opportunity in the 1960s to take one of your Royal Bengal tigers, so I look forward to reading your adventures and living the experience vicariously through you and Kawshik.
Thanks for joining AH!
Dear Ridgewalker, thank you for your warm welcome. I have healthy envy for you. It has been my life long desire to take an African lion. Some day , l hope to hear the story from you. Perhaps some day , your dream to hunt a royal Bengal tiger may just come true. We live in a world of possibilities.

Welcome Major Khan! I have read Mr. Rahman's stories and enjoyed them immensely. Hope to read & enjoy your adventures as well!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SavannahDo

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg