Greetings from Spain

Welcome, I am interested in hunting Spain and have been taking the duo lingo course for Spanish sine COVID put us on lock down and work from home....

I do not understand what you're trying to communicate here: "Unfortunately, Spain and Europe are not so flexible, removing Switzerland in everything that has to do with weapons". can you explain?

Gracias...

y bienvenido
I am glad that you are interested in learning our rich language, the people in Spain when you come will help you without any problem, we are one of the most touristic countries in the world for a reason.

Hunting in Spain can be of various types, waiting, stalking and the famous "Monteria" are the most common in big game.

It is very simple, in Spain, a country that fully belongs to the European Union, it is very very very frowned upon to have weapons, either for target shooting or for hunting (even more so if it is for hunting, since hunting is not good either seen in Spain, by the vast majority of the population)

For everything you have a license and an exam, for example:
- License E (for Shotguns)
- License D (for Rifles)
- License B (for a defense weapon)
- License F (sports shooting)

Even if you have seen License B, this license is almost exclusive for those threatened by ETA (former terrorist organization that sought the independence of a part of Spain), jewelers and gunsmiths or senior public officials.

Even with this B license, if it occurs to you to shoot someone in legitimate defense, you will surely end up going to jail and paying compensation to the victim or family members.

In the last year a retired police officer has gone to jail for shooting some people who I think broke into his house.
And a man over 77 years old in his house in the countryside shot the thief who was robbing him and has also been sent to jail.

To give you an idea, my last license I obtained, the F license, took me 1 year to get home and at the moment it only allows me to purchase a single weapon. I have the obligation to go shooting with the weapon at least once a year and if I want to be able to buy some more weapon, I should have a minimum score and repeat that score every year.

Switzerland only has treaties with the European Union, but it does not fully belong to it and although Europe tries to block its culture of weapons, they know how to turn it around.
And in Switzerland, for example, it is totally legal for people to own automatic weapons (under some requirements).

Greetings and I hope I have expressed myself correctly.

Buffmen, you should come to America for a visit. We have access to lots of firearms. Heck, I don't ever hunt with a firearm (other than shotguns for bird hunting) and I have several firearms. Do you bowhunt? And does Spain require a license to own/use a bow? I've been wanting to go hunt at Acornland Hunts and plan on doing so within the next 4 years (con el favor de Dios).

Buffmen, you should come to America for a visit. We have access to lots of firearms. Heck, I don't ever hunt with a firearm (other than shotguns for bird hunting) and I have several firearms. Do you bowhunt? And does Spain require a license to own/use a bow? I've been wanting to go hunt at Acornland Hunts and plan on doing so within the next 4 years (con el favor de Dios).
No, bows do not need a license, but you will need to be a member of an archery club or hunting ground if you want to train without people calling the police :X3::rolleyes:
Crossbows need the E license (which is the same as for shotguns)
But all this is only if you are a resident, if you come to hunt from outside, surely you will not need anything.The company with which you come hunting will take care of everything.
I've never been there, since I don't hunt with a bow, but it sure is an incredible experience.

Welcome to AH!

Buffman, thank you for that explaination!
Where in Spain are you?

I plan to attend DSC in Atlanta this January and get a hunt for next fall. I've seen a cull or management hunt for Ibex in Spain and that interests me (as does France and Romania).

:S Welcome:

Bienvenido !

Welcome, bienvenido, por aquí uno más de España

Welcome to AH! We look forward to you sharing your stories!

Welcome to the best forum! Enjoy!

Buffman, thank you for that explaination!
Where in Spain are you?

I plan to attend DSC in Atlanta this January and get a hunt for next fall. I've seen a cull or management hunt for Ibex in Spain and that interests me (as does France and Romania).
2024 DSC is in Dallas
2025-2029 Atlanta

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LydiaR8063

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.