Greetings from Down Under

@Bren7X64 As you and your cousin start to figure out what you're interested in, I highly recommend taking a look at the hunt specials offered here. They are great deals and usually you can modify them by adding on additional PG.

I think I have yet to read a bad report on any of this site's sponsors, so you're definitely in the right place.
 
Welcome to AH !
 
Your 9.3 x 62 should serve you just fine. I'm going on a Plains Game hunt this August with Cruiser Safaris. My 10 day package includes Kudu, Blue Wildebeest, Gemsbok, Impala, Blesbok, and a Warthog. We did a lot of research prior to booking with Cruiser Safaris. Their package was similar to what other outfitters were offering. But their price was a lot less. After booking with them I discovered a half dozen local guys that hunted with them and loved it. Several have booked multiple times. I am taking a 35 Whelen, which is a kissing cousin of the 9.3 x 62 and a 6.5 x 55 Swedish Mauser. From all the articles and posts I've seen on this site, I'm not expecting any issues or regrets.
 
Welcome to the best forum in the world!
 
Welcome to AH!
 
Wow, what can I say?

No-one has even crapped on me yet and told me that what I want is a hunt in Kazakstan or something.

This is (well, it seems to be) a very gentle forum.
 
@Bren7X64 This is a rare place give the state of the internet these days. Nothing but friendly people that share a passion for hunting.
 
Welcome Bren7X64,

All the best with your planning for your trip. You are certainly among friends around this forum.

Take Care,
Marius Goosen
 
Welcome , we always love a lurker to join!!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,272
Messages
1,570,235
Members
168,862
Latest member
WendyAuld9
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top