Greetings from Brazil

Hello and welcome!

Welcome aboard Decio. Hunting Wild Boar is a lot of fun. I'd suggest that you join in with experienced "Hog" hunters for your first couple of hunts. After that you may be able to go out on your own. If you know some farmers that are having troubles with these animals that will surely give you a head start. What caliber rifle(s) do you own or have at your disposal?

Welcome to AH! Brazil is one of my favorite places I have ever traveled. Sadly, I did not have a chance to fish in Brazil. I did fish in Colombia though. It is my dream to go back one day and fish for pintado, pirarcu, tambaqui, tucunare' etc

Sounds like you are living one of my dreams being able to fish there.

Welcome to AH!
Thanks!
Welcome to AH.
Thanks!
Hello and welcome!
Thanks!
Welcome aboard Decio. Hunting Wild Boar is a lot of fun. I'd suggest that you join in with experienced "Hog" hunters for your first couple of hunts. After that you may be able to go out on your own. If you know some farmers that are having troubles with these animals that will surely give you a head start. What caliber rifle(s) do you own or have at your disposal?
I'll go hunting with experienced hunters where farmers are complaining about boars. I don't own a rifle right now and I don't understand a lot about weapons. I'll buy some.
Welcome to AH! Brazil is one of my favorite places I have ever traveled. Sadly, I did not have a chance to fish in Brazil. I did fish in Colombia though. It is my dream to go back one day and fish for pintado, pirarcu, tambaqui, tucunare' etc

Sounds like you are living one of my dreams being able to fish there.
Thanks. Fishing Tucunaré is a LOT of fun! The other fishes you listed too. I never went to Colombia, but fishing in freshwater rivers in Brazil is definitely fun!

Welcome to AH and the posting side! This forum has a wealth of information from some extremely knowledgeable folks, enjoy!

Welcome welcome welcome

Hi, I'm Décio. T. J. from Brazil and I like to go fishing with my dad (freshwater rivers, I never fished saltwater). I also like camping and trekking/hiking and mountaineering. In Brazil only wild boar can be hunted because they are exotic species to our fauna (a plague), but some people also hunt paca, alligator, birds and capybara, but I never did because it's illegal. I'm also very interested in dog training (hunting, upland, waterfowl retriever and even protection and herding). Hope we can be friends.

Good luck you all
Eu estou aqui. Eu caço javalis na Europa. Agora temos no Brasil e queremos caçar javali no Brasil. Meu marido é brasileiro (e holandês) Você pode nos ajudar com informações?

Welcome.

I know you know this but management that includes hunting is the best way to ensure the survival of any native species. I am not familiar with the politics in Brazil but you and others can make a difference in that regard. Good luck and welcome aboard.

Welcome Decio, I love your country, have been there many times on business. The food is the best.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leonslab

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.