Greetings from Belgium - new here

Welcome to AH! Who are you hunting with? Should be a great hunt.
Hi Philip,

I'll be hunting with Multana Safaris, located not far from Grahamstown. The owner is a friend of a friend and is originally from a few km from my birthplace.

Hi Philip,

I'll be hunting with Multana Safaris, located not far from Grahamstown. The owner is a friend of a friend and is originally from a few km from my birthplace.
My first safari was in that area and I’ve hunted and stayed on sheep farms nearby as well many, many times. I’ll be there in late July again and can’t wait!
Philip

Welcome to AH, make sure you take a journal so you can give us a hunt report on your return. I hunted in the same area a couple years ago. beautiful country. Good luck and shoot straight.

Welcome to AH, make sure you take a journal so you can give us a hunt report on your return. I hunted in the same area a couple years ago. beautiful country. Good luck and shoot straight.
Hi Cls,

I've never done that, but maybe it is time start doing so. My fiancee will be holding the camera and we are bringing a GoPro (for what its worth) with us. So we should have plenty of photo/video. But writing things down might just be a good thing too. Especially as the hunting will be quite varied, species wise.

My first safari was in that area and I’ve hunted and stayed on sheep farms nearby as well many, many times. I’ll be there in late July again and can’t wait!
Philip
Staying on sheepfarms (the South African equivalent of low cost bed&breakfast I suppose) allows you to spend less money on luxury accomodations and more on the actual hunting ? This is the reasoning behind it? Might be a good idea actually, as I'm budgeting a bit, and as far as I can tell over half of the total cost of the three weeks will be lodgings... (including flights, its 50% of the hunt).

I didn't even think of such a solution... Might be a good alternative for the next time I go, and my fiancee is not with me.

Staying on sheepfarms (the South African equivalent of low cost bed&breakfast I suppose) allows you to spend less money on luxury accomodations and more on the actual hunting ? This is the reasoning behind it? Might be a good idea actually, as I'm budgeting a bit, and as far as I can tell over half of the total cost of the three weeks will be lodgings... (including flights, its 50% of the hunt).

I didn't even think of such a solution... Might be a good alternative for the next time I go, and my fiancee is not with me.
I actually am a sheep rancher and have friends all over the world in the sheep biz. I’ve been all over the world with sheep and hunting. Yes I have had many adventures where I was on a sheep ranch with friends and of course hunting as well.
I’ve also been to Australia many times and I love just staying with the people and not doing tourist things.
Philip

Welcome aboard! Best of luck on your first safari this year and best of luck getting to that buffalo safari in the near future!

Welcome aboard! Best of luck on your first safari this year and best of luck getting to that buffalo safari in the near future!
Hi TFS,

indeed buffalo would be the crown jewel. But my fiancee finds this hunt to dangerous, so for the moment I'm not allowed yet ;) We'll see with time :D

Welcome Vertigo another Belgian goodstuff.

Welcome to AH!

welcome welcome welcome

Welcome Vertigo another Belgian goodstuff.
Hello Frederik!

nice to meet a fellow Belgian! Where are you from? I'm originally from West-Flanders, but since 10y living in Brussels for work.

Hello and welcome!

Welcome to AH and the posting side! This forum has a wealth of information from some extremely knowledgeable folks, enjoy!

Hello Frederik!

nice to meet a fellow Belgian! Where are you from? I'm originally from West-Flanders, but since 10y living in Brussels for work.
Half my family on fathers side is from Brugge, Moerkerke and mothers side stay in Brussels we immigrated to South AFrica in 1983 when I was 7 and am happy living here and will probarbly die here. Staying in the capital Pretoria at the moment.

Half my family on fathers side is from Brugge, Moerkerke and mothers side stay in Brussels we immigrated to South AFrica in 1983 when I was 7 and am happy living here and will probarbly die here. Staying in the capital Pretoria at the moment.
I was born in Ichtegem, and grew up in Gistel. only a few kilometers away, but also a few years after you had already left Belgium. :)

Welcome to AH! Nice to have you on the site and we look forward to you sharing your stories!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg