Greetings From Alaska

Big Woolie

New member
Joined
Feb 12, 2014
Messages
8
Reaction score
5
Member of
NAHC Life Member
Hunted
USA (AK, TX, TN)
Hello! Ive been reading on here for several weeks now and have decided to finally join. I have lived in Alaska for the last several years where my hunting rifle has been a 45-70, taking deer, caribou, moose and grizzly bear. However, my family and I are planning on moving to Botswana toward the end of this year, and I am soaking up all I can, knowing that I have to make some big changes. I look forward to all of the advice and new friends.
 
Welcome to AH Big Woolie! Big adventures await you and your family. Looking forward to your participation.
 
.......... However, my family and I are planning on moving to Botswana toward the end of this year, and I am soaking up all I can, knowing that I have to make some big changes. I look forward to all of the advice and new friends.

Welcome to AH.

Moving to Botswana???
 
Wow what a change, Welcome to Ah, undoubtedly the finest hunting site on the web hands down, Lots of great like minded people here and tons of advice/info:cool:
 
gday big woolie
welcome and enjoy the site .
you are fortunate to be shifting to Botswana , mate .
id love to spend some time looking around there .
 
gday big woolie
welcome and enjoy the site .
you are fortunate to be shifting to Botswana , mate .
id love to spend some time looking around there .

I just returned from a month over there. I am a horseback outfitter, and am working with an established lodge in Ghanzi to start a new outfitting business there for the Kalahari. I am not a ph, of course, but will want to do my own personal hunting as opportunity arises.
 
mate , ive just turned a few darker shades of green with envy.
l hope you will keep us up to speed with tales of your adventures ,and antics ......:beer:
 
Last edited:
Welcome to AH. You will surely be envied by many. All the hunting, none of the flying!
 
Welcome to AH!
Where in Alaska? I lived in Valdez for two years.
 
Welcome to AH!
 
Welcome to AH!
Where in Alaska? I lived in Valdez for two years.

I live remote outside of Talkeetna, about half way between Anchorage and Fairbanks
 
Welcome!!!

What a couple of places to live... I'd love to move to Alaska, or someplace in Africa. I'm fine with either... :)
 
Welcome to AH, Big Woolie !
 
Welcome to AH, Big Woolie!
 
welcome aboard Big Woolie. enjoy botswana and the surrounding countries. dont throw all your woolies out as you will need them in botswana certain times of the year :thinking: maybe not as you probably will think its warm even when its cold after alaska :D
 
Welcome to AH Big Woolie!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,361
Messages
1,574,177
Members
169,915
Latest member
calfenspomgro1984
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

jnelson wrote on Jjhog's profile.
might think about getting these bullets to me
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top