Greetings From Alaska

Big Woolie

Reaction score
Member of
NAHC Life Member
Hunted
USA (AK, TX, TN)
Hello! Ive been reading on here for several weeks now and have decided to finally join. I have lived in Alaska for the last several years where my hunting rifle has been a 45-70, taking deer, caribou, moose and grizzly bear. However, my family and I are planning on moving to Botswana toward the end of this year, and I am soaking up all I can, knowing that I have to make some big changes. I look forward to all of the advice and new friends.

Welcome to AH Big Woolie! Big adventures await you and your family. Looking forward to your participation.

Welcome to AH Big Woolie! Sure you will find all the info you want here.

.......... However, my family and I are planning on moving to Botswana toward the end of this year, and I am soaking up all I can, knowing that I have to make some big changes. I look forward to all of the advice and new friends.

Welcome to AH.

Moving to Botswana???

Wow what a change, Welcome to Ah, undoubtedly the finest hunting site on the web hands down, Lots of great like minded people here and tons of advice/info:cool:

gday big woolie
welcome and enjoy the site .
you are fortunate to be shifting to Botswana , mate .
id love to spend some time looking around there .

gday big woolie
welcome and enjoy the site .
you are fortunate to be shifting to Botswana , mate .
id love to spend some time looking around there .

I just returned from a month over there. I am a horseback outfitter, and am working with an established lodge in Ghanzi to start a new outfitting business there for the Kalahari. I am not a ph, of course, but will want to do my own personal hunting as opportunity arises.

mate , ive just turned a few darker shades of green with envy.
l hope you will keep us up to speed with tales of your adventures ,and antics ......:beer:

Last edited:
Welcome to AH. You will surely be envied by many. All the hunting, none of the flying!

Welcome to AH!
Where in Alaska? I lived in Valdez for two years.

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH!
Where in Alaska? I lived in Valdez for two years.

I live remote outside of Talkeetna, about half way between Anchorage and Fairbanks

Welcome!!!

What a couple of places to live... I'd love to move to Alaska, or someplace in Africa. I'm fine with either... :)

Welcome to AH, Big Woolie !

Welcome to AH, Big Woolie!

welcome aboard Big Woolie. enjoy botswana and the surrounding countries. dont throw all your woolies out as you will need them in botswana certain times of the year :thinking: maybe not as you probably will think its warm even when its cold after alaska :D

Welcome to AH Big Woolie!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlessdiuse

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg