Greeting from Spain

¡Bienvenido a AH Ngaka! ¡Espero escuchar algunas de sus historias de África! ¡El inglés es perfecto!
Me he dado cuenta que al escribir en la página traducida al español, me traduce automáticamente el texto que escribo en inglés, así que he optado por escribir en español directamente; por eso mi buen ingles.
Mi nick "ngaka" significa "doctor" en zulú por mi profesión: doctor en veterinaria

I have two 7mm Rem Magnums: a Browning semi-auto and a bolt-action Santa Barbara. Also a Winchester 30-30, an inheritance from my failed friend.
I have hunted in Spain (deer, fallow deer, wild boar, mouflon, ibex, roe deer), roe deer in England, France and Hungary and in Africa, in Namibia, Zimbabwe and South Africa

Bienvenido to AH! Your English is fine. Enjoy this fabulous forum!

Welcome aboard!

Hi Ngaka, welcome to AH. When you have time please post a picture of your rifle(s).

Welcome and share some experiences you had while hunting.

Bienvenido al foro, aquí hay buena gente !

:S Welcome:

Hola Engaka,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Hasta Luego,
Velo Dog.

Tengo dos Rem Magnum de 7 mm: una Browning semiautomática y una Santa Bárbara de cerrojo. También un Winchester 30-30, herencia de mi amigo fallido.
He cazado en España (ciervo, gamo, jabalí, muflón, cabra montés, corzo), corzos en Inglaterra, Francia y Hungría y en Afríca, en Namibia, Zimbabwe y Sudáfrica
Hi @Ngaka, I looked up your Santa Barbara de cerrojo, I am not familiar with this rifle brand. Is this a Spanish maker? Perhaps you could post a picture, as I did not find much information online. They are based on a Mauser action?

What have you hunted in Namibia/Zimbabwe/South-Africa? Dangerous game?

Hola Engaka,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Hasta Luego,
Velo Dog.
Hello again Ngaka,

Regarding my above post, I apologize for not double checking the spelling on your name, until my time to edit my words had expired.
Evidently the blasted “spell check” feature in my so called “smart” phone decided to invent its own version of how to spell your name.
It’s my fault, I should have double checked every word before moving on to other threads and postings.
Normally I do that but this time I guess I just became lazy.

Salud,
Velo Dog.

:S Welcome:

Hi @Ngaka, I looked up your Santa Barbara de cerrojo, I am not familiar with this rifle brand. Is this a Spanish maker? Perhaps you could post a picture, as I did not find much information online. They are based on a Mauser action?

What have you hunted in Namibia/Zimbabwe/South-Africa? Dangerous game?
Santa Bárbara is the Spanish national factory that supplies the army. They are somewhat crude weapons but very resistant and durable. Here's a photo.
foto3050236.jpg

In Africa I have hunted quite a few species (16) of plainsgame besides the buffalo and two lionesses.I Especially like to hunt the springbok and the warthog, I never tire of them; the same as in Europe with roe deer and wild boar.

Welcome to AH. We'd love to hear any hunting stories.
Bruce

Welcome to AH. We'd love to hear any hunting stories.
Bruce
Hi Bruce. Don't worry, I'll be posting some. LOL. I am a bit overwhelmed right now with Christmas and everything else going on. The problem with now technically being an "author" is I feel like the stories have to be really good and well written. LOL. I just just write by the seat of my pants! Also, I did post my first Tanzanian WILDLIFE experience in the article section the other day. It's called "Miniature Vampires with Wings." Check it out. It was quite the wake-up call for this Africa newby.

Also, thanks for the kind welcome. I appreciate it.

Welcome aboard Ngaka. NO ONE on AH will criticize or critique the English of a member that "speaks" it as a second language. Apart from that, there are quite a number of Spanish speaking members that will be more than willing to traducir any of your writings that you feel uncomfortable presenting in English. I too would like to see the reports and photos of your previous hunts. What rifles did you use on your African hunts?

Deseándole una muy cálida bienvenida. He cazado en España dos veces hasta ahora. Una vez para cabra montés y otra para perdiz. Magnífico país, buena gente, buena comida y muy buenas escopetas. A menudo uso cartuchos españoles SAGA calibre 12 para cazar agachadizas.

Welcome to AH, 7 mm Rem Mag is my favorite caliber!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hattie05G

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.