Great Hunting Opportunity For Very Good Trophy Elephant, Buffalo &/Or Leopard In Park Area

ndumo HUNTING SAFARIS

Sponsor
Since 2016
AH fanatic
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
huntingsafaris.net
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NAPHA, SCI, DSC, SAHCA
Hunted
Namibia, Zimbabwe, RSA, USA, Hungary
Hi all

I just had a cancellation on a hunt that was supposed to start 17th of July, for a trophy elephant, leopard and buffalo in Bwabwata National Park in the Caprivi of Namibia. (Hunter’s age was not communicated to us by booking agent or father, and MET thus refused to issue a hunting permit to a 10 year old…. That puts me in the pickle to sell this quota very late in the year, where I had to turn down lots of takers at DSC, SCI and in Europe…)

This area is renowned for BIG elephant. In fact, we sold all elephant quota for 2016, and all but one for each of 2017 and 2018 within a month, so this is a rare opportunity.

The area is over 670 000 acres big, with LOTS of game, and produces great trophies. The camp is on the banks of the Kwando River, with hippo, sitatunga, red letchwe, common reedbuck, impala, buffalo and elephant seen from camp or very close to camp regularly. It is arguably one of the best hunting areas in Southern Africa for elephant and buffalo hunts.

Preferably, I would sell the cancelled quota as one hunt, but am also willing to split it into 2 or 3 separate hunts.

On buffalo hunts, a hunter will be able to turn down a mature bull every day, and should comfortably shoot a 40 plus inch very old bull. We have shot 3 bulls so far this year, with the smallest one 40 inches.

Leopard are also plentiful, and we had 5 of the 6 baits being hit by male cats, with 3 shootable cats coming to bait, even during mid-day. (We will use donkeys or cattle for bait, as our plains game quota is very low and we donate most of the meat to the local Barakwena (San) people.

Elephant are also plentiful, but to find the kind of bull I would like to shoot (60 plus) takes some time and effort, so the fitter a hunter is, the better chance of shooting a bull like one of the below bulls (between 81 and 60 lbs.).

IMG_9328.jpg

The full 16 day hunt for a buffalo, elephant and leopard normally sells for US$ 105 000. I will take US$ 85 000.

A trophy elephant hunt (14 days) normally sells for $ 80 000, I will sell this one for US$ 65 000.

A buffalo / leopard combination hunt (14 days) normally sells for US$ 45 000. I want US$ 35 000 for it.

Normally a 7 day buffalo hunt in the park sells for US$ 26 000, I will sell for US$ 18 000.

And in case someone wants a leopard/ plains game only hunt, I will sell it for US$ 25 000, not the normal US$ 35 000.

I will also look at all reasonable offers on these hunts, or specific animals to be added by my current clients, as they are on a guaranteed quota and needs to be hunted by the end of our hunting season (30 November 2016).

As I do not want to mix two hunting parties from one camp, I have limited dates available from my camp in the park. This is especially for leopard and elephant hunts, as they are longer, and takes more time and effort. If a hunter books a buffalo-only hunt (7 days), he/ she may be accommodated in my nearby camp (25 miles away), and can easily hunt same area without interfering with the hunter that has booked such a date already. Thus some dates are only valid for a buffalo hunt.

Dates available are as follows:

19 July to 1 August (elephant and/or leopard and/ or buffalo)

10 to 19 August (buffalo only)

12-25 September (elephant and/or leopard and/ or buffalo)

10 Oct to 14 November (elephant and/or leopard and/ or buffalo)

(I was scheduled to guide the hunt myself, and would like to still do it, depending on dates, but Fred Bezuidenhout may also guide the hunt.)

Other game available in Bwabwata, with trophy fees as indicated, includes:

Kudu (1500)

Warthog, steenbok and duiker (400)

In my nearby camp (Sobbe), the following can also be hunted:

Kudu (1500)

Zebra (1500)

Wildebeest (900)

Warthog and duiker (400)

Observers @ US$ 175/ day. If an observer wants to hunt, that can be done as long as it does not exceed more than 2 hunting clients per PH. (Any of above hunts includes ONE PH.)

Conditions as follows:

50% deposit secure hunt, other 50% after the hunt.

Refunds on unsuccessful hunts: leopard (7500), elephant (35 000) and buffalo (5000). All other normal terms and conditions as per our website.

I will try and upload a couple of photos soon, but my cellphone network is very unreliable at the moment.

Kind regards
Karl Stumpfe

Last edited by a moderator:
20160622_111648.jpg
b (40).jpg
d (59).jpg
day8 (15).jpg
day8 (311).jpg
IMG_0122.jpg
IMG_0135.jpg
IMG_0454.jpg
IMG_4035.jpg
IMG_4207.jpg
IMG_4219.jpg
IMG_4263.jpg
IMG_4310.jpg
IMG_4385.jpg
IMG_9328.jpg
IMG_9366.jpg
PICT0119.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice pics! Maybe an AH member can take advantage of this opportunity

A amazing deal for someone looking for a really big elephant. I was in this camp just a week ago it is very nice. For someone looking for a really big elephant this is probably one of the very best in all of Africa and for someone from the USA that is limited on where they can import from I would put this at the very top. If your fit I think you could turn down multiple 60lbs plus elephants in this hunt and have a chance at a truly monster of a bull with a great outfitter. If I could I would be all over this hunt. Karl is a honest guy that will do his best on this hunt. It only a matter of time in this area that he will break the magic 100lb mark I believe.

Stan? This one could be for you.

Sad you got stuck with a cancellation. I hope it goes quickly for you Karl.

Wow! What a hunt, I sure wish that I could do it.

Man, if you took your 10 yr old son/daughter on this hunt; #1, that is probably not the best judgement by the parent in regard to safety and #2, this seems like a pinnacle type hunt. If you completed this bag at 10 years old, there would honestly not be much to look forward to for the rest of your hunting career...

I can't imagine doing this at 10. That is pretty crazy, can the 10 year old realistically shoot at 375 or bigger.

A true dream hunt for sure!

I can't imagine doing this at 10. That is pretty crazy, can the 10 year old realistically shoot at 375 or bigger.

Yes Mike you are so right, this kind of safari is not for 10 year old child.....

buffalo / leopard combination hunt (14 days) normally sells for US$ 45 000. I want US$ 35 000 for it

Karl, sounds like a great safari for sure. I was only curious if there is any trophy fees and dip/pack included in the 14 days buffalo/leopard combo ?

Best wishes,
Michael

Hi Michael

All prices as quoted includes trophy fees, day fees, VAT, field prep of trophies and quarentine of trophies.
Dip, pack, ship of trophies, hunters travel and accomodation before and after safari and baits are excluded.

Pre baitig can be done at 500$ incl baits, and expect to hang between 250 and 750 $ more bait is cats are slow to eat.

Oh I forgot to mention, I also have one spotted hyeana left for $1500

Sounds like a good offer. I wish I could go and definitely would like to have Fred as my PH someday soon. Best of luck to the person who gets this hunt.
Regards,
Philip

Thanks Karl for clarification, then it's a attractive offer.
All the best,
Michael

I wish I had hit that big Mega-millions jackpot last night. This is my dream hunt.........good luck selling it.

Got "cancelled" by outfitter on an elephant hunt this year outside Phalaborwa. Was set on going, so I am interested. Was literally packed and ready to go, then "sorry, whole area is shut down". Shame.
Feel free to send me a PM on this hunt. Wasn't aware of big elephant in Namibia. I wasn't paying quite what the discounted rates you are showing were, but if you can convince me there are big bulls in the area, maybe so...
Thanks

Hi David

Yes, hyena is on quota, although limited, so I book them for specific clients.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jemsbond

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.