Lifetime bronze benefactor
Platinum supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
After being on this site for two years I feel comfortable sharing this. I was married to a wonderful woman for 30 years then she died. I always thought of Africa but just not in my wildest dreams. When she died I knew I needed a change and I found this forum that changed my life. I will be goi g on my second and first DG safari this July...I have made such incredible friends world wide on this site. I am so very grateful for all your friendship and advice. I look on this site every day at least four times a day to see what my worldwide friends share. Thanks so very much for your friendship and experience...rest assured it is never taken for granted and is always so appreciated!

Welcome aboard and so sorry for your loss.

So sorry to read of the loss of your wife, but glad to see you've carried on with life. All you can do sometimes.

After being on this site for two years I feel comfortable sharing this. I was married to a wonderful woman for 30 years then she died. I always thought of Africa but just not in my wildest dreams. When she died I knew I needed a change and I found this forum that changed my life. I will be goi g on my second and first DG safari this July...I have made such incredible friends world wide on this site. I am so very grateful for all your friendship and advice. I look on this site every day at least four times a day to see what my worldwide friends share. Thanks so very much for your friendship and experience...rest assured it is never taken for granted and is always so appreciated!
What are you going after on the hunt? Glad your part of the forum!

Rare Breed,
I share your feelings. I lost my wife of 51 years in 2013. I stumbled across AH at an SCI show in 2015 and after reading some of the posts I was hooked. I joined in 2016 and am on here several times a day as time permits. Greatest bunch of guys and gals in the world.

Best of luck on your safari. Be warned, once is not enough. That safari bug will bite and you've been had.

Best of luck on the upcoming hunt!

Good luck on your upcoming safari, remember to take lots of pictures for your report on your return.

My condolences Rare Breed. Glad to see you pursuing some new dreams, please post pictures and a report on your upcoming Safari. Best of Luck

Wish you the best :D Cheers:

as my devout Presbyterian father is fond of saying, "life is for the living." Glad to see that you chose to continue living, rather than merely existing.

Every man dies, but not every man lives.

Life does go on. I have remarried and changed my life to where I will now hunt Africa either every year or every other year as long as I ca

Glad you have made some happy changes and have a new found joie de vivre.

My condolences for your wife @Rare Breed , and good for you having found a new joy in life. I'm only about to get married, so I cannot imagine what life would look like without my partner.

Take care and write about your hunting experiences!

So sorry for your lose, but it is an inspiration to the rest of us that you have found a focus and will carry on. I only hope if the same were to happen to me that I will have that kind of interpersonal strength.
Thanks for the example!
Oh and please share those new adventures with us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg