Got a new heart valve & new rifle

I’m truly inspired! Stopping by the gun store on the way home from having heart surgery! That’s having ones priorities sorted out! Speedy recovery to you. I also own a #1 in 303 that I’m in love with.

Godspeed with your recovery.
A stop at the gun shop on the way home from the hospital?...well that just makes perfect sense to me! Isn't it strange that every gun shop is on the way home? :giggle:
Now let's see that gun.

Wishing you a very speedy recovery. My son had an open heart surgery in 2020. Fortunately, he’s fine now and is even hunting again. And congratulations on the excel fall block .303.

Photo of Ruger NO1A 303 Brit un fired just a couple of handling marks on stock, scope did not come with it fitted a 3x9 Leopold vx2 . Yes my wife is very good to me i am a lucky man.
IMG_1310.JPG
IMG_1311.JPG

I got a new Heart valve on 5 sept & new Ruger no1A in 303 brit on 8 sept my wife drove me to the gun shop on way home from hospital, rifle pics to follow.
@rdog
Hope you are on the mend mate and all is,well. You have a new lease on life enjoy it to the full. Your wife is a wonderful woman driving you to the gunshop on the way home. Say hello to her for me.
Did the bedding job on the other 303 job work?
My second wife drove me to drink but she wouldn't come and pick me up tho.
Bob

Get well soon ! We look forward to seeing more pics!

Btw, your wife is a keeper for sure!
@VertigoBE
She sure is mate. @rdog has got a wonderful wife and man of man can she cook. My wife and I had the pleasure of having lunch with them. A great time.
Bob

Wishing you a very uneventful and speedy recovery!
What a sweetheart wife you have! Nice rifle also! (y)

@rdog
Me thinks you need lower mounts.
Holy Dooley you can almost fit another scope under that one it's that high
Yes Bob the mounts are too high , it came with low Ruger mounts they were too low, going to the Leopold web site you can input the rifle & scope model & it tells you the mount height for that combo, it said high. As i have a fuzed left wrist & thumb & index finger that do not work real good, the high scope makes it easier for me to load, i will shoot it then decide, i can not shoot or drive for 3 weeks.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marinayzi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you