Giraffe Skins

chiefdale

AH veteran
Joined
Aug 25, 2016
Messages
126
Reaction score
104
Media
27
Hunting reports
Africa
1
THINKING OF HARVESTING GIRAFFE ON 2022 HUNT (MAY BE A bLACK) nOT SURE WHAT TO DO WITH HIDE ANY PHOTOS OF RUGS OR OTHER USES WOULD BE APPRECIATED NOT INTERESTED IN DOING FURNITURE WRAPS THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME
 
I had gun bags and overnight bags made from mine. I wish I had better pics of the overnight bags as they turned out extremely nice!!!

I also had a rug made from the dark giraffe(sorry, no pics of that)

Gir 2.jpg
Gir 3.jpg
Gir1.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@jasyblood those look very nice, did you have them done back home, or on location in Africa? In either case, could you give some indication on what this cost you to have them made from your giraffe skin?
 
@jasyblood those look very nice, did you have them done back home, or on location in Africa? In either case, could you give some indication on what this cost you to have them made from your giraffe skin?
Thanks! I had them made in South Africa at Bull's Eye Taxidermy near Vaalwater. The cost to tan the hides was $1395.00 per giraffe and the gun bags were $340.00ea and the overnight bags were $206.00ea.
 
Thanks! I had them made in South Africa at Bull's Eye Taxidermy near Vaalwater. The cost to tan the hides was $1395.00 per giraffe and the gun bags were $340.00ea and the overnight bags were $206.00ea.
Thanks for the info!
 
Hi chiefdale. There's been some lovely stuff made from giraffe so I hope you can get it done. However you don't say what country you're in or where your hunt will be. Better check your local regs. I think giraffes have been classified under CITES and that may cause problems on the import / export side. Check what permits are needed, and the procedures applicable, well before hand. At least one well respected member on this forum has had problems because of this.
 
Good day @chiefdale

Here are some different ideas of how to utilize your entire Giraffe for you.

giraffe-umbrella-stand-ii022-jpg.424565

giraffe-feet-single-bookends-ff-046-jpeg-jpg.424567

giraffe-double-foot-lamp-ff-018-jpg.424568

giraffe-neck-skeleton-pedestal-mount-ff-061-jpeg-jpg.424570

giraffe-feet-single-bookends-ff-046-jpeg-jpg.424566

Giraffe Neckmount - dd 334.jpg
 

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
70,308
Messages
1,572,392
Members
169,554
Latest member
NaomiPohlm
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top