G'day from Australia

Tim Blackwell

AH elite
Joined
Dec 16, 2011
Messages
1,062
Reaction score
3,537
Location
South Australia
Website
www.facebook.com
Media
366
Hunting reports
Africa
6
Europe
1
Australia/NZ
6
Member of
Australian Deer Association, Australian Association of Wildlife Artists
Hunted
Australia, New Zealand, Namibia, South Africa
G'day all, thought I'd say hello, I've been looking through the forum for a while now and it looks like a great source of info.

I am from S/E South Australia and have been hunting since childhood, I've been lucky enough to hunt most states in Aus now and taken nearly all our game species large and small, as well as having hunted New Zealand. I hunt with a variety of rifles from .22LR to .458WM and handload for all the centrefires, my 'go to' rig is a Browning .30/06 which I love.

Have just started planning (and saving for!) my first plains game hunt in South Africa, hopefully around 2014, so will no doubt pick up a lot of valuable information on here.

Cheers

Tim
 
Hallo Tim
Good to have you with us all the very best and enjoy the site.
Johan
 
Welcome to AH Tim! Let us know if you have any specific questions...
 
Welcome to AH, Tim!
 
Welcome to AH Tim! Glad you joined us.
 
Welcome to the forum Tim. Great place to be.
 
Thankyou kindly one and all for the warm welcome.

35Bore - I like your taste. I do a lot of hunting with my .350 Rem Mag, lots of punch in a little package!

Cheers

blacks
 
Hello Tim, plenty of outfitters on here touting for business and lots of info. Enjoy.
 
Welcome Tim....great site here and good to see another Aussie looking to Africa.
 
Don't do it Tim!!!!

Africa is like the Hotel California...."You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave...":D
 
Welcome to AH ...
 
Welcome to the forum Tim. Lots of great guys and good info here.

nd
 
Thanks everyone.

Johnfox - maybe I better just stay in little old Oz after all....I do want to hunt buff again, and sambar, and I do need a hoggie, and....lol....

blacks
 
Blacks, did the world cup outcome swing you to the dark side? ALL BLACKS!

Welcome to AH.

Go once and you are in trouble for sure.
 
Don't do it Tim!!!!

Africa is like the Hotel California...."You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave...":D

Haha ....I like that.

Welcome to the forum Tim.

Best Regards
Marius Goosen
 
Welcome to AH, Tim. Enjoy the build-up to your hunt. Just don't bring Bryce Lawrence with you. :sting:
 
Blacks, did the world cup outcome swing you to the dark side? ALL BLACKS!

Hehe....no way mate, just an abbreviation of my surname. Besides, I'm a League man. Happy to talk cricket at the moment, too!!

Cheers all

blacks
 
Thankyou kindly one and all for the warm welcome.

35Bore - I like your taste. I do a lot of hunting with my .350 Rem Mag, lots of punch in a little package!

Cheers

blacks

blacks, it's the 35Whelen for me, 225 Federal Premium or the 200 Rem Core Lokt, lot's of energy...
 
Good one mate, pretty much the same ballistics. I handload the 225 or 250gn Woodleigh Protected Point. Has done good work on deer and pigs, soon to try it on camels too with a little luck....

blacks
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,307
Messages
1,572,362
Members
169,541
Latest member
ithunmersa1975
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top