Gabrielle from Colorado-- looking for recommendations on a February South African hunt

hi and welcome

pm sent

Welcome to AH....and the "Dark Side"...(the posting member side)....

I get the feeling this is your first trip to Africa and you and your husband have been slightly infected by the incurable "Hunting Africa bug/ fever/ etc."

You have picked, although a bit biased, the best site to find reputable outfitters, and a lot of knowledgeable/ experienced people to help you with what you are wanting.

Normally 7 hunt days, nine days total (arrival and departure days not included) in a standard hunt package for the animals you have listed.

I suggest checking out KUBUSI SAFARIS in the East Cape. After your hunt, although time permitting based on your available dates, Historic Grahamstown is about 10 minutes from the lodge. Other places of interest are Port Alfred and Port Elizabeth for shopping, ADDO Elephant Park, SUBUYA Game Reserve and river cruise, are a couple of good day trips after your hunts. Also available is saltwater/ deep sea fishing, or wine country tour.

KUBUSI SAFARIS is a "One Stop Shop" for some great hunting, whether having your animals fully taxidermied by Danwyn and his staff on site or prepped and shipped to your own taxidermist here in the states you won't be disappointed with their attention to detail.

I have hunted with James Williamson, owner operator of KUBUSI SAFARIS, three times so far; ocean/deep sea fishing once, SUBUYA River and Game Reserve trip once, and currently planning a forth trip.

For DVDs and more information contact:
Ed at eaioutdoors.com or at (920) 285-9312.

Last edited:
Welcome to AH Gabrielle!

For sure you will find a ton of support and guidance here. A fair warning though, it is addictive.

Best of luck to you and your husband. I hope you find what you are after and have a great time. BTW, I second @Ridge Runner’s recommendation. Kubusi has been my only South African experience and it was amazing.

Has anyone hunted South Africa In February? looking to go about the 19th - 25th I know this is a hot month but its really the only time we have available to go and we realllyyy want to go. My husband wants a Kudu thats his only goal really and I am pretty open to a few options, gemsbuck, impalas, nyala, blue wildebeest.
Let me know any and everything- our first option was limpopo and would still like to go there if possible but we got a bad vibe from the original outfitter we choose so we had another in mind in free state and they are booked for when we could go unfortunately.
Thank you!

This sounds almost exactly like what my husband and I were looking for as well. For a couple's safari in the Limpopo, I would highly recommend getting in touch with Limcroma Safaris. We went in March and had a fantastic hunting safari vacation with them. They planned out a great combination of hunting and non-hunting activities for us and everything went flawlessly. They are a first-class outfit in every way!

Welcome to the family and the forum! Nice to have you as part of the forum.
Let us know if you need any assistance with the rifle import permits, we would be glad to assist you with that.

Welcome aboard to the best site for Africa hunting info. Strongly advise sitting down face to face with someone who's BTDT, especially that time of year. Enjoy the planning and anticipation. It's half the fun.

Welcome, what part of Colorado?

Hello gpiccs94,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

If your heart is set on the Limpopo District, have a look at Hannes Swanepoel Safaris, located about 25 kilometers from Gravelotte there.
I have hunted with Hannes more than once and he is tip top.

Likewise, there are several excellent safari companies, located in the Limpopo ares, advertising here in the AH forum.
By reputation many are also tip top for sure.
Do much “home work” in researching any and all outfits that catch your eye.
It is time well invested in finally settling on whichever one you decide to book with.

If however, you will consider Namibia, have a look into the Khomas Safaris web site.
At the end of the day, whomever you decide to throw in with, you and your husband are going to do a double back flip when you see Africa for the first time.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.

Montrose!
i have a very much X friend who lives in Montrose. Nice area. Last. Year my wife and I passed through on the way to Ridgeway. Nothing better than a ear of Olatha sweet corn and a American hot dog.

i have a very much X friend who lives in Montrose. Nice area. Last. Year my wife and I passed through on the way to Ridgeway. Nothing better than a ear of Olatha sweet corn and a American hot dog.
Wow how cool! Small world. :)

Hello gpiccs94,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

If your heart is set on the Limpopo District, have a look at Hannes Swanepoel Safaris, located about 25 kilometers from Gravelotte there.
I have hunted with Hannes more than once and he is tip top.

Likewise, there are several excellent safari companies, located in the Limpopo ares, advertising here in the AH forum.
By reputation many are also tip top for sure.
Do much “home work” in researching any and all outfits that catch your eye.
It is time well invested in finally settling on whichever one you decide to book with.

If however, you will consider Namibia, have a look into the Khomas Safaris web site.
At the end of the day, whomever you decide to throw in with, you and your husband are going to do a double back flip when you see Africa for the first time.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.
How cool! Maybe the next trip to Africa :) were pretty set in south africa this go around. Thank you!

I had a wonderful hunt with Bayly/Sippel Safari Company last month in the Limpopo region of SA. Great camp and staff, plenty of quality game animals. I would highly recommend a safari with them. Best of luck on what lever you decide.

Welcome to the posting side. Enjoy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greattemple

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.