Free Booze and Food! January 11th 2024

The @Midwest family has a big heart, old school Texas hospitality, and are not afraid of a lot of work, which they did, to host the AH crowd! Thank you, thank you. My wife had a great time, and seemed to really hit it off with Chi Chi Ouellette. Great to see people from last year, put a name to a face for those who regularly post here, and make new interesting friends. God bless you all.

Thank you for hosting a nice event. I was surprised to win your custom knife as well. You have a lovely home!
You won because you were standing next to ME! Think I'm kidding--ask my wife how many people she has seen win things sitting right next to me....

Thanks @mdwest for hosting the party. My daughter and I had a great time. We met some new friends and visited with some old friends as well.
Much appreciated.

dee

I can't say it any better than has been stated by others. Great time, great food, and the opportunity to learn a lot about safaris with various outfits. Add to that interesting discussions and the chance to meet a number of the other AH members, and it just doesn't get any better than that. Much gratitude is due to you and your family for your graciousness in hosting this event!

Nice party to get things kicked off @mdwest! Thanks for opening your home.

The wife and I had a great time! I’ll just say that it passed too quickly, as I didn’t have time to visit with more than a few. Great food and excellent bar. Thanks again @mdwest

One small suggestion for future events...it would be great to be able to look around and see who's there from this forum. Is there any way to do a name badge/sticker with forum name and real name? Maybe it could be sitting at a table and we could fill it out when we come in. I certainly don't expect Dave to do that for us. I know there were a lot of people there that I correspond with here but don't know them personally yet. It was awesome to see about 70 people there!

Chilufya and I had a wonderful experience at your party Dave. You only invited the finest people!

We need pictures for us poor souls who couldn't make the trip. :cry::cry:

Chilufya and I had a wonderful experience at your party Dave. You only invited the finest people!
Mark I said hello to her over by the food table but missed visiting with you. Are you at the dinner tonight?

HUGE Thank You to all that came out last night.. we had a truly wonderful time.. I apologize that I didnt get to spend more time with a few of you.. I was running around like someone set me on fire for the first few hours of the night... the turn out was much larger than we expected (a genuinely GREAT problem to have!) and naturally I was running late, and left my wife to do all of the last minute work prior to my arrival (I'll be paying for that for weeks to come! lol)..

We had 70 people come through the doors last night (70 door prize tickets accounted for).... It was a really nice time..

We're already considering doing a "DSC Party" next year for everyone that doesnt make it to Atlanta.. while we might not be able to walk the conference floor from Dallas.. nothing prevents us from eating lots of biltong and drinking enough whiskey to float @spike.t one night! :)

1705071448954.png

Congrats to all the door prize winners.. HUGE congrats to Billy on winning the Cape Buffalo Cow hunt!

Mark I said hello to her over by the food table but missed visiting with you. Are you at the dinner tonight?

Yes, I will be at the AH dinner tonight.
Better yet, Chilufya will be there with me. She reminds me to be a better person nearly every day!

Great Mark. Let's be sure to visit!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rkcipl

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.