For Sale Shooting The British Rifle By Graeme Wright

Tony Kruger

Reaction score
Member of
East Game Management Association . NRA UK
Hunted
RSA , Zimbabwe , Cameroon , Mozambique .
I have a as new condition , signed second edition copy of this book for sale . Open to offers

did you see the other post talking about the value of this book :Woot: and it tickled your fancy to post?

I sold a copy here maybe four months ago for $325 and it went instantly. A second copy I had I was offered $400 before I put it up for sale. Just sayin'
Cal

I have a copy of the 2nd edition. The only reason I would consider selling it would to gather extra $$$ to help finance another rifle!

did you see the other post talking about the value of this book :Woot: and it tickled your fancy to post?
No not the price . I moved from SA to UK. I do not have enough room in small house for my book collection

So which should we do first, complain about the crazy, absurd price demanded for the book, or say "congratulations" to the person that buys it in the first few hours of the listing here?

It was never a cheap book when new. They made very few. The data in it exists nowhere else. The data is required to successfully handload vintage double rifles using modern powders at regulating velocities.

I'd say we're about at the point where we should all join threads in a reverse auction format. Many of us have this book, none of us really want to sell it, prices are climbing so high everyone is considering selling anyway.

It's only going to go higher unfortunately...

How about someone purchases the publishing rights to the book and prints a fourth (?) edition.

I read somewhere that Amazon would not carry the book (due to content). That was a deal breaker for whomever was looking into publishing another edition.

I read somewhere that Amazon would not carry the book (due to content). That was a deal breaker for whomever was looking into publishing another edition.
There are two copies for sale on Amazon now.

I saw the two on amazon just now.
First editiion is $375.
Third edition is $6085. That's not a misprint.

I believe it was to stock them on a new edition.
I don't understand. Please explain. Are you saying that the two copies I see are not for sale?

I don't understand. Please explain. Are you saying that the two copies I see are not for sale?
No I'm sure they are. I read somewhere that a reprint would not be carried by Amazon so that was a deal breaker for whoever was looking to publish a new edition. Can't remember where I read that though.

No I'm sure they are. I read somewhere that a reprint would not be carried by Amazon so that was a deal breaker for whoever was looking to publish a new edition. Can't remember where I read that though.
The one that is $1600 plus is for sale. It let me place it into check out and gave me a shipping date. I then removed it from check out since I had no intention of buying a $1600 book just to make a point.

I say this is gossip, a quick search reveals new edittions of various books on improvised guns, munitions, explosives etc.

My guess is a reprint will not sell enough to make it worth doing...
A few hundred maybee?
A solution could be print on demand. The book would be exspensive (but nothing near the rediculus prices it is sold for on ebay and amazon).

I tried to raise interest to reprint the A-Square reloading book. The problem was several individuals have the rights and none could come to an agreement to work together on a reprint. If they did come to an agreement, it surely wouldn't include me. Not sure where they are now but, that did halt any advancement on my part.

Well, I have the 2nd edition in my hands as I type this out. I told myself the only way I would ever sell it would be to help fund a gun purchase.
I now find myself in that enviable? spot. I've booked a bear hunt for late August and figure that's a great reason to look for another rifle!
The copy I have is in like new condition. Dust jacket is intact. No scribbles in it.
If I can get $450 USB shipped I'll sell it!
PM me if you're interested.
Kevin

I have a third edition - and a house and property outside Austin - I am keeping both. :E Angel:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abferrell60

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.