Flying through Heathrow with Firearms now Forbidden, NOT

I’ll admit my ignorance and flame me as necessary but is it possible to ship your rifles to the final destination so as to not have to fight the system? Granted there is risk involved.
I have looked in to this and was quoted £800 (975USD) each way per rifle from UK to South Africa. Problem is that import and export duty is payable both ends.

As said I should imagine that it's due to the shortage of ground staff....happening in major airports all through Europe...and usa isn't exempt...one airline think delta had to send an empty plane to UK to pick up baggage they had left behind....big issue is the time needed doing security checks on new staff to allow them to work airside, and also shortage of people wanting to take jobs ...same as a lot of places are having problems with.....

happening in major airports all through Europe...and usa isn't exempt....

The only unpleasant thing about the trip to South Africa we just returned from...

Was collecting baggage at DFW upon return to the US..

We literally waited 1 hour and 40 minutes for our bags to hit the carousel after we cleared immigration..

I contacted Heathrow today to confirm. They weren’t aware of policy change and firearms are still allowed. Just inform airline prior to arrival and allow plenty of time to process, usual stuff. Can’t confirm the other airports

Just checked their page now, and seems like the post has been removed. Maybe it was an AD. Sorry for confusion.

I sent a message yesterday to PHASA about the post on Facebook. So far no response from PHASA, but the post is removed. Why they would post something like that is beyond me if it's not true.

Maybe it was between LHR and Scotland Airports, but again noting on BA or Heathrow websites about that either. Just too many maybe's for PHASA to post what they did and get everyone worked up.

As a consequence of this announcement, a number of shooters in the UK have contacted Heathrow direct

Apparently no such moratorium is in effect and they confirmed firearms are still allowed in line with the airline policy. Inform airline prior to arrival and allow plenty of time to process, Just usual stuff.

As a consequence of this announcement, a number of shooters in the UK have contacted Heathrow direct

Apparently no such moratorium is in effect and they confirmed firearms are still allowed in line with the airline policy. Inform airline prior to arrival and allow plenty of time to process, Just usual stuff.
This is good to hear. Never thought that PHASA would jump the gun on something as serious as this.

Apologize again for causing panic.

It must be true it was on facebook

I thought you would like that

As others have noted. LHR got back to me and just directed me to contact my airline with any concerns I may have. Apparently, all is normal.

Besides the flight cap in place and baggage delays of all proportion. (Just like elsewhere)

Maybe PHASA needs to start checking sources before starting avalanches. :E Pissed:

That was a very declarative statement to be so wrong.

does not say much for their authority.

I’ll admit my ignorance and flame me as necessary but is it possible to ship your rifles to the final destination so as to not have to fight the system? Granted there is risk involved.
If you were to ship your rifle/s ahead it would need to be cleared into the country of arrival through customs. You will have had to make a monetary declaration of value. Customs will be looking for their pound of flesh. Trust me, been there, done that.

I’m not sure why Heathrow has a bad rap for guns. I flew through there in 2016 without issue. Air Canada in, SAA out to Joberg.

Now my parents on the other hand, got caught up with a regulation change via Frankfurt on their way back.

I’m not sure why Heathrow has a bad rap for guns. I flew through there in 2016 without issue. Air Canada in, SAA out to Joberg.

Now my parents on the other hand, got caught up with a regulation change via Frankfurt on their way back.

Heathrow today is not the Heathrow of 2016. Avoid it like the plague! I have business in the UK. I’m going in through Dublin

Heathrow today is not the Heathrow of 2016. Avoid it like the plague! I have business in the UK. I’m going in through Dublin
I’ll consider myself warned!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross