First impressions...

Julius Fortuna

Reaction score
As a new... well just becoming an active member to AfricaHunting.com I wanted to share my first impressions of our blog. Many times in life and over a long career in management I’ve come to seek out opinions of those sans the “rose colored glasses” to help remind me of the “why” an organization has value to its members/ share holders/ constituents. So for what it’s worth, and despite “preaching to the choir” here is mine.
First, I quickly developed a stong reverence for AHs long and well documented history, which goes a long way in answering repetitive questions so common on other blogs. I enjoy the members dedication to the subject matter, and the way in which members/Adm respecting one another’s view points, while not trying to create a bloody “safe space” to shield difference of opinions! And most importantly the literal “Who’s who” of memberships representing today’s most influential African PHs, dark continent Hunter naturalists, and subject matter experts who freely share their experiences and expertise to the general members!
BIG Congratulations for a job well done, keep up the good work, I look forward to learning from our amazing members on a subject near and dear to my heart! I’m also excited to contribute, and share my varied experience in hunting, optics, and dangerous game rifles, God bless
Cheers!
J.Fortuna

One of the best introductions ever... suck up... LOL

Hi Julius, welcome to AH !

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH sir!

Welcome aboard!

If I might just add to that, the moderators for this forum seem to really be on top of their game. I think it's a very big reason this forum is so popular with it's members.

I know I know @35bore, suck up. ;) But it's true in my book

Again welcome aboard and please share your stories.

Julius, thanks for starting to participate! The more people with differing experiences, the more valid the site becomes for me, IMO. Looking forward to more of your experiences.

Giday Julius and welcome to the A H forums

And welcome to you as well JoanneUnderwood!

Welcome! And I agree with your assessment. I have learned a great deal from AH starting several years ago when I was doing online research for my 2018 hunt in South Africa. I found valuable advise on rifles, hunting gear, how to work with my PH, etc.

Hello Julius Fortuna,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.
As belated this welcome may be, we’re glad you are here.

Cheers,
Velo Dog.

hey, I'm also new here, however I'm not that talented and smart to write such long introductions. Just saying that I'm happy and excited to be a member of such community!

Hello JoanneUnderwood,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.
And, since you’ve joined AfricaHunting.com, I’d say you are smarter than most people.

Cheers,
Velo Dog.

Welcome to AH Julius!

Hello and welcome!

@Julius Fortuna Welcome julius. I'm looking forward to your input. A well written introduction leads me to believe we could see some welcome interaction with you on various topics. Glad to have you join us.
@JoanneUnderwood I don't think many of us care if you're talented or smart enough to write a long introduction, as long as you post your pictures! (I thought I'd may as well be the first to say it! LOL)
I'm teasing you....... :A Wink: I'm sure you'll have some valuable input on here too! Looking forward to hearing what you have to say!

Welcome to AH Julius Fortuna! Looking forward to your contribution.

Welcome to AH Julius! Nice to have you as part of our community. Enjoy the site!

Welcome to the AH community. A plethora of greats facts, strong opinions, and a dash of wit and humor can be found here. Use all wisely!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YvonnePaws

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg