Finally pulled the trigger on a .300 Win Mag

huntinlabs

AH fanatic
Joined
Nov 28, 2016
Messages
540
Reaction score
768
Media
132
Hunting reports
Africa
2
USA/Canada
5
Europe
1
So after the last caribou hunt my wife decided she didnt want to carry her .308 (it is heavy barrelled). She really preferred the weight of my remington 30 06 semi. So I have been wanting a .300 win mag and the hunt was on. I came close to buying browning new BAR MK III a couple of times but for some reason always walked away. Well I was bored at work one day and stumbled on a browning zenith (grade 3 and supposed to be a limited run) with a Leupold VX-R 3-9x50mm and QD bases. I called and asked about the gun they said it doesn't look like it has been shot very much if at all and still had bright lands . So I gave them my card info and it was a done deal. It should arrive in Alaska tomorrow. Here are some screen shots but I will take more pics when I actually get it.
Screenshot_20181008-190619_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20181008-190531_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20181008-190613_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20181008-190556_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20181008-190601_Samsung Internet.jpg
 
Like the wood!
 
Beauty, congrats!
 
Thank yall. And to think I got it cheaper than the new one.. it is almost going to be a shame to actually use it though because it looks so pretty lol.
 
You got it! Man I’d probably drop it and scratch the daylights out of it the first time I was afield! Very handsome rifle!
Bring it to Colorado sometime and we’ll drag it behind my truck to break it in:LOL:!
 
Pretty Fancy
 
You got it! Man I’d probably drop it and scratch the daylights out of it the first time I was afield! Very handsome rifle!
Bring it to Colorado sometime and we’ll drag it behind my truck to break it in:LOL:!

My buddy that I normally hunt with up here asked me if I was going to throw it on the ground when I first get it to just go ahead and get it out of the way :LOL:
 
Yep, that first one is the worst. I still try to put it off for as long as possible though.
 
Fantastic looking stock, congrats!!
 
That’s a beauty Logan!
 
It sure is pretty but with that rifle, the first step I took in the woods, I'd trip and fall. :p
 
OK lets see what she’ll do at the range! Once you find the right load, I want to read another one of your family hunting reports!
 
huntinlabs, you surely got a pretty rifle there. I hope it doesn't wind up being a safe queen.
 
huntinlabs, you surely got a pretty rifle there. I hope it doesn't wind up being a safe queen.

Thank you! I assure you it will not be. I do not own a single safe queen. I have a shotgun and this rifle that may stay back if the weather is just horrible but they do and will be hunted as often as I can with them.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,304
Messages
1,572,216
Members
169,510
Latest member
SelenaWick
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top