huntinlabs

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
So after the last caribou hunt my wife decided she didnt want to carry her .308 (it is heavy barrelled). She really preferred the weight of my remington 30 06 semi. So I have been wanting a .300 win mag and the hunt was on. I came close to buying browning new BAR MK III a couple of times but for some reason always walked away. Well I was bored at work one day and stumbled on a browning zenith (grade 3 and supposed to be a limited run) with a Leupold VX-R 3-9x50mm and QD bases. I called and asked about the gun they said it doesn't look like it has been shot very much if at all and still had bright lands . So I gave them my card info and it was a done deal. It should arrive in Alaska tomorrow. Here are some screen shots but I will take more pics when I actually get it.
Screenshot_20181008-190619_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20181008-190531_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20181008-190613_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20181008-190556_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20181008-190601_Samsung Internet.jpg

Like the wood!

Beauty, congrats!

Thank yall. And to think I got it cheaper than the new one.. it is almost going to be a shame to actually use it though because it looks so pretty lol.

You got it! Man I’d probably drop it and scratch the daylights out of it the first time I was afield! Very handsome rifle!
Bring it to Colorado sometime and we’ll drag it behind my truck to break it in:LOL:!

Pretty Fancy

You got it! Man I’d probably drop it and scratch the daylights out of it the first time I was afield! Very handsome rifle!
Bring it to Colorado sometime and we’ll drag it behind my truck to break it in:LOL:!

My buddy that I normally hunt with up here asked me if I was going to throw it on the ground when I first get it to just go ahead and get it out of the way :LOL:

Yep, that first one is the worst. I still try to put it off for as long as possible though.

Fantastic looking stock, congrats!!

That’s a beauty Logan!

That’s a beauty Logan!

Thanks it does have 2 tiny scratches on the gun right above the pig and the other by the bolt release and a little indention on the butt stock. They sent me pictures of those.

IMG_20181008_193424946.jpg
IMG_20181008_193435188.jpg
IMG_20181008_193500335.jpg

It sure is pretty but with that rifle, the first step I took in the woods, I'd trip and fall. :p

OK lets see what she’ll do at the range! Once you find the right load, I want to read another one of your family hunting reports!

huntinlabs, you surely got a pretty rifle there. I hope it doesn't wind up being a safe queen.

huntinlabs, you surely got a pretty rifle there. I hope it doesn't wind up being a safe queen.

Thank you! I assure you it will not be. I do not own a single safe queen. I have a shotgun and this rifle that may stay back if the weather is just horrible but they do and will be hunted as often as I can with them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlineDu

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross