Favourite quotes - Here's mine, Quite a long list. What's yours?

"Christianity has not been tried and found wanting; it has been found difficult and left untried." - G.K. Chesterton
"Masculinity is the glad assumption of sacrificial responsibility." - Douglas Wilson
"A nation that makes a great distinction between its warriors and its scholars will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." - Thucydides

Sounds about right, I heard or read it somewhere and it stuck with me.
"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV)
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow! What a ride!"
"You can do anything you set your mind to, therefore I can and I will." My philosophy.

I don’t need to shoot farther, I need to hunt closer.
- Gary Sitton

The light at the end of the tunnel is the front of an oncoming train.
- David Lee Roth

There is a difference between valuable and expensive.

“That kid’s got more throttle than brains!” Said my uncle, an experienced motorcycle rider himself, to my father after watching me at a motocross race.

“I am the rock you will break yourself against.” Can’t remember who.

Rule Number 9: Never ever go anywhere without a knife.
Jethro Gibbs

I'm in a hockey mood, so three from Herb Brooks:

"The legs feed the wolves."

"You don't have the talent to make it on talent alone."

"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard."

Oh, and a couple of others from my personal list of rules, collected over time:

"If the zamboni is on the ice, you're not." Said by the team captain correcting one of his players.

"Any dog that weighs less than fifty pounds is a cat, and cats are pointless." Ron Swanson

"Never run aground with the anchor in the pipe. It upsets Lloyds." I forget who first said this, but it's really good advice

"Respect the Good Idea Cut Off Point." A Staff Officer of my acquaintance who shall remain nameless for his protection

"There is a high cost to low living." I forget who first said this, it might also have been Herb Brooks. But it's important to know

Another good quote I just remembered:

“Every man has two deaths, when he is buried in the ground and the last time someone says his name. In some ways men can be immortal.”​

- Ernest Hemingway

There comes a time in the lives of all men when your semi-annual erection becomes your annual semi-erection

- older colleague of mine

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyH

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg
ghay wrote on Joel Rouvaldt's profile.
Love your rifle! I'm needing a heavier rifle for Africa. Sold my .375 Dakota Safari several trips ago. Would you have any interest in a trade of some sort involving the custom 338/06 I have listed here on the site ( I have some room on my asking price. I also have a large quantity of the reloading components and new Redding dies as well as a box of A-Square Dead Tough ammo.