Favourite quotes - Here's mine, Quite a long list. What's yours?

"Christianity has not been tried and found wanting; it has been found difficult and left untried." - G.K. Chesterton
"Masculinity is the glad assumption of sacrificial responsibility." - Douglas Wilson
"A nation that makes a great distinction between its warriors and its scholars will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." - Thucydides

Sounds about right, I heard or read it somewhere and it stuck with me.
"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV)
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow! What a ride!"
"You can do anything you set your mind to, therefore I can and I will." My philosophy.

I don’t need to shoot farther, I need to hunt closer.
- Gary Sitton

The light at the end of the tunnel is the front of an oncoming train.
- David Lee Roth

There is a difference between valuable and expensive.

“That kid’s got more throttle than brains!” Said my uncle, an experienced motorcycle rider himself, to my father after watching me at a motocross race.

“I am the rock you will break yourself against.” Can’t remember who.

Rule Number 9: Never ever go anywhere without a knife.
Jethro Gibbs

I'm in a hockey mood, so three from Herb Brooks:

"The legs feed the wolves."

"You don't have the talent to make it on talent alone."

"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard."

Oh, and a couple of others from my personal list of rules, collected over time:

"If the zamboni is on the ice, you're not." Said by the team captain correcting one of his players.

"Any dog that weighs less than fifty pounds is a cat, and cats are pointless." Ron Swanson

"Never run aground with the anchor in the pipe. It upsets Lloyds." I forget who first said this, but it's really good advice

"Respect the Good Idea Cut Off Point." A Staff Officer of my acquaintance who shall remain nameless for his protection

"There is a high cost to low living." I forget who first said this, it might also have been Herb Brooks. But it's important to know

Another good quote I just remembered:

“Every man has two deaths, when he is buried in the ground and the last time someone says his name. In some ways men can be immortal.”​

- Ernest Hemingway

There comes a time in the lives of all men when your semi-annual erection becomes your annual semi-erection

- older colleague of mine

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DanielDalz

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.