Favorite broadheads?!?!

I'm taking 125gr G5 Montecs with me to SA next week... Will let everyone know how they work out after we return..

100 grain std slick tricks and VPA 150 grains both worked well for me in SA. There are many good broadheads today. It you have one that you shoot well and it is sharp you are good.

using now

-compounds
Mechanicals : Grim Reaper 1 3/8"
Fixed: Exodus

Recurve
VPA 2 or 3 blade

Good experiences with DRT broadheads too

Reactions: TOM
I'm all about DirtNap Gear DRTs. Both the 100/125 grain version and the all steel 150/175. Great flight, lifetime warranty and awesome blood trails.

I'm all about DirtNap Gear DRTs. Both the 100/125 grain version and the all steel 150/175. Great flight, lifetime warranty and awesome blood trails.

Hey Tom, Do those DRT's whistle in flight? I have read a few times that they do....

Hey Tom, Do those DRT's whistle in flight? I have read a few times that they do....
No, ive never understood that claim. They are deathly silent. Only thing i can think is if a guys setup is way out of tune or something but they have always flown great for me.

No, ive never understood that claim. They are deathly silent. Only thing i can think is if a guys setup is way out of tune or something but they have always flown great for me.

Thanks Tom. The DRT are interesting broad heads. I particularly like their 25 grain collar that comes with them.

Magnus blk hornet 100grain

I use kudu point single bevel broadheads. Very strong and easy to sharpen.

I have heard real good things on the kudu broadheads a lot of elk hunters use them

13CFB799-7FB9-4729-98C2-EC14B646D5D4.jpeg
They leave tremendous blood trails and really do a go job on game. I have yet to have anything run over 50 yards even on marginal hits. I shot this buffalo high and he bedded up right at 50. Complete pass thru at 40 yards with a 425 gr total weight arrow out of a 70 lb bow

I have heard real good things on the kudu broadheads a lot of elk hunters use them

Hi there! Ive really had a lot of success with the NAP Killzones. They work magic for me.
Nap killzone on African game? That's what I use for north American game but was skeptical of the mechanical over in African. I trust them 100%but have been told a fixed head is a must. Animals immgoing for are kudu, sable,wildebeast,impala,zebra

I've only bow hunted white tails, but I've used Muzzy 3 blade (blows large entrance holes) and G5 Montecs (great penetration). Both are 100 gr. I'd like to try the Muzzy Trocar, a small head.

Slick Trick Magnums.

I've tried a few different broadheads over the years buy always come back to the Slick Tricks.

I did use German Kinetics but they were sold To a Co. in Alaska 6 or 7 years ago and are not nearly as SHARP as they were. I use Slick Trick 4 blades now.

I shoot longbows and recurves, and my favourite broadheads have been Magnus II and STOS two-bladers. Shot buffalos and camels with STOS. These days I’m using VPA 300 grain two-bladers, but have no hunting experience with them yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
febixix695

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois