Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA-CRSO, Pistol Inst., SCI,GOA
Hunted
USA: Florida, Ohio, Nebraska, RSA, Limpopo
Decided to install a red dot on my Kreighoff. Micro, full size, electric, solar, tritium. What are your experiences utilizing different types? Have some but they are on other pieces of gear, not suitable for the double. Thanks.

I run Trijicon SRO's on my doubles.
1716943787063.jpeg

Others like the smaller Trijicon RMR, Burris Fast Fire, and other brands.
I also have a Aimpoint H-1 for my Blaser S-2 double.
1716943869500.jpeg

I recommend the "top loading" for battery for any reflex sight. The old style RMR Types 1 and 2 have bottom loading batteries for which the sight must be removed from the mount. In any case, change the battery once a year or before any big hunting trip!

Whatever reflex you decide on, I recommend a 1 MOA dot, if available. The dots tend to grow larger with more intensity such as needed on a bright day.

This thread has a lot of information to consider:

Last edited:
The new Trijjicon RMR-HD has a top load battery and their legendary reliability. Aim Point T2 is also an amazing option for quick sight acquisition and shooting. Both of these brands are American made and extremely high quality, exceeding any condition you are likely to encounter.

I’m considering both of these as a backup to my scope for an upcoming buffalo hunt with my 375H&H.

Last edited:
I have a 1 moa trijicon on my Krieghoff and a 2 moa Riton on my Chapuis.

I cannot speak to doubles. But I have a Trijicon RMR with 1 MOA dot on a 45-70 lever action and a Trijicon RMR 3 MOA dot on my daughter's 410 turkey shotgun. I'm partial to the Trijicons. Both are QUICK and clear

The 1 MOA dot is clear and easy to hit at 100 yards. I haven't shot my 45-70 beyond that. But it's accurate at 100 easily

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scottlinks

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Redfishga1 wrote on gearguywb's profile.
I would be interested in the ruger if the other guy is not.
Bartbux wrote on franzfmdavis's profile.
Btw…this was Kuche….had a great time.
Sorry to see your troubles on pricing.

Happy to call you and talk about experience…I’m also a Minnesota guy.
Ready for the next hunt