Extinct animals you wish you could hunt

If have to go for the mammoths/mastodons and a saber tooth. That would be a hoot. I'd want to do it traditionally by tracking/spot and stalk methods. Sneak in close and put them down.

Definitely Pterodactyl for me. To have it mounted with those awesome wings spread out would be amazing!

How about "EVE"?:barefoot::barefoot: Could be the perfect mount.

If have to go the mammoths/mastodons and a saber tooth. That would be a hoot. I'd want to do it traditionally by tracking/spot and stalk methods. Sneak in close and put them down.

By traditionally, do you mean with a spear and loincloth? I'd have to see that. :LOL::LOL::p:D
Then again, maybe not. :whistle:

@Hogpatrol man imagine that, a mastodon season where even the Atlatl would be considered "too modern" ....

Yeah, since that weapon extended the ranges one could take an animal, I wonder if they were having the same arguments about long range hunting. :p

Here's a fun one. A ground sloth claw found in the late 1790s in North America was first thought by Thomas Jefferson and others to be from a giant lion (which he called Megalonyx, now known as Megalonyx jeffersoni). His paper on the fossils posited that not only were they from a giant lion, but that the giant lion was still living somewhere in North America, as at the time extinction was considered impossible by most. He told Lewis and Clark to keep out for giant lions in their expedition, as well as mastodons. For perspective, this lion would have weighed about a ton if it actually existed.

Wooly Mammoths of course would have to be on the list. Imagine how big one of those would be.

Pay per inch to hunt this guy? Alternate caption: How much would this fetch at a game-breeding auction!? Pelorovis antiquus.

Pelorovis-antiquus-Nairobi.JPG

Photo from Wikipedia, from Nairobi Museum.

Attachments

• Pelorovis-antiquus-Nairobi.JPG
    Pelorovis-antiquus-Nairobi.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 232
Last edited by a moderator:
How about "EVE"?:barefoot::barefoot: Could be the perfect mount.

LOL...............wait a minute, I have seen some Eves that would have you running for your life.

Sabre Tooth Tigers for me.

What do you suppose he taxidermy bill would be on one of those super birds?

Why hunt a rhino with one horn when you can hunt one with two?

I give you... Embrithopoda!
tumblr_mu5cmzhu4Q1spmwbxo1_500.jpg
Arsinoitherium_zitteli.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Gigantopithecus without a doubt. Can't decide which one of my big borescreen would be appropriate. Guess it would depend upon the terrain.

So if you hunt a T-Rex what does it taste like

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MattieHayw

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,