Extinct animals you wish you could hunt

And guys, don't forget how much trouble Steven Spielberg got in for hunting an extinct animal!

I just don't think it is worth the flack.... :A Stars:

article-2688463-1F8EDE6E00000578-281_634x403.jpg

Now, just to put a spin on this thread, if the only way you could hunt one of these animals, was in a captive bred state, in order to collect funds to ensure the future or reintroduction of the species to the wild, would you still do it?

Now, just to put a spin on this thread, if the only way you could hunt one of these animals, was in a captive bred state, in order to collect funds to ensure the future or reintroduction of the species to the wild, would you still do it?

Classicc Hobson's choice. I'll pass. I was born at night but not last night.:whistle:

How long would they have been released before hunting would take place? I'm thinking at least 500,000 years would have to be required to make if fair to the dinosaurs.... :whistle:

:A Stirring:

I think a triceratops would make an awsome shoulder mount.

I think a triceratops would make an awsome shoulder mount.

But you wouldn't be able to see the shoulders!!!! :A Banana Sad:

I need a bigger room to fit the wooly mammoth flat skin.

Your right Royal.......better go with a 1/2 mount on the triceratops.

f24f454ecc56f3db9930e41b04f5ae8b.jpg

Brickburn beat me to it, but Irish elk.

Attachments

• f24f454ecc56f3db9930e41b04f5ae8b.jpg
    f24f454ecc56f3db9930e41b04f5ae8b.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 185
Yes, I've had many dreams of hunting these mythical animals.

Are the jackalopes extinct? o_O

Well, I wish we could turn the hands of time back and hunt tigers in India in the wild:E Hmmm::E Day Dreaming::E Sun:

Another good prehistoric location to hunt would be North Africa during the Mid Cretaceous. A combination of conifer forest, swamps, deltas and deserts inhabited by dinosaurs, crocodylomorphs and giant fish. Two of the largest carnivores, Spinosaurus and Carcharodontosaurus, were present, as well as sauropods, abelisaurs (think Carnotaurus), raptors, and the little-known Deltadromeus. Apart from the sauropods, herbivores are virtually unknown. Land-living and aquatic crocodiles were both present, including a currently undescribed species described as having a two-meter long skull and tusk-like teeth. It would be a great place for fishing too, with giant coelacanths, garfish, lungfish, sawfish (Onchopristis) and sharks. Cladocyclus was also present, a member of the group containing the much larger Xiphactinus (think of a giant tarpon with teeth like a tigerfish).

An interesting "what if" post. Entelodonts were native to my neck of the woods back in the day and the state museum of natural history has a life size full body representation. Imagine a warthog the size of a rhino. If I went after one I'd want a minimum .416 cal rifle and a couple of similarly armed companions! As for me, I'd like to go back about 14,000 years here in Nebraska for a "big 5" hunt. Imperial mammoth, ancient bison, American lion, saber toothed cat and short faced bear. I've gone to Morril Hall and looked at "Archie" the largest imperial mammoth fossil ever found. At the entrance to mammoth hall are a full body mount African and Indian elephant for comparison. I'm pretty sure a bull African elephant could walk under Archie's belly and never touch a hair. Now that would be something to face down at 20 yards!

If you ever get a chance to check out Chillingham Castle in Northumberland England they have a set of Irish Elk antlers on the wall they were recovered from peat bog in Ireland where the castle owners originally came from, and they are ridiculous. By far the biggest antlers you will ever see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MattieHayw

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,