Equipment Recommendations

Be careful about cartridge overall length when setting up your dies. Short rounds up the pressure and can give you false groups. Long rounds don't chamber very well and can cause problems. Good luck and have fun. It's a brave new world you are about to enter.

I liked my lee until Phil turned me onto the Lyman, it is great.

Cole let me know if you need a hand primer and I will send you one of my extras.
I mentioned Lee because they are pretty cheap and my only usage is bullet removable and an occasional Jeff load,however I do prefer their Die sets over RCBS

I mentioned Lee because they are pretty cheap and my only usage is bullet removable and an occasional Jeff load,however I do prefer their Die sets over RCBS
Sorry Rob, I was referring to the hand priming tools. Lee does make good dies as far as I’ve used. Their crimp dies are great

Great stuff, and thanks to everyone! Keep it coming, I don't think my shopping list is long enough yet :D

Sorry Rob, I was referring to the hand priming tools. Lee does make good dies as far as I’ve used. Their crimp dies are great
Their later hand prime tools are kinda crappy but I do use their early models

Attachments

• Screenshot (313).png
    Screenshot (313).png
    191.5 KB · Views: 82
I’ve used C&H, Lee, RCBS, Hornady and maybe a couple of other brands of dies, but my current preference is Redding. I still prefer the old model of Lee hand primer, but you can no longer get replacement parts, so I’m looking for a new replacement.
I use 2 presses. A Lyman turret for 300WM and down and a Lee Classic for big stuff with their quick release, pulling bullets and miscellaneous operations.

Attachments

• Screenshot (314).png
    Screenshot (314).png
    473.3 KB · Views: 86

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YvonnePaws

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg