Equipment Recommendations

Be careful about cartridge overall length when setting up your dies. Short rounds up the pressure and can give you false groups. Long rounds don't chamber very well and can cause problems. Good luck and have fun. It's a brave new world you are about to enter.
 
I liked my lee until Phil turned me onto the Lyman, it is great.

Cole let me know if you need a hand primer and I will send you one of my extras.
I mentioned Lee because they are pretty cheap and my only usage is bullet removable and an occasional Jeff load,however I do prefer their Die sets over RCBS
 
I mentioned Lee because they are pretty cheap and my only usage is bullet removable and an occasional Jeff load,however I do prefer their Die sets over RCBS
Sorry Rob, I was referring to the hand priming tools. Lee does make good dies as far as I’ve used. Their crimp dies are great
 
Great stuff, and thanks to everyone! Keep it coming, I don't think my shopping list is long enough yet :D
 
Sorry Rob, I was referring to the hand priming tools. Lee does make good dies as far as I’ve used. Their crimp dies are great
Their later hand prime tools are kinda crappy but I do use their early models
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot (313).png
    Screenshot (313).png
    191.5 KB · Views: 174
I’ve used C&H, Lee, RCBS, Hornady and maybe a couple of other brands of dies, but my current preference is Redding. I still prefer the old model of Lee hand primer, but you can no longer get replacement parts, so I’m looking for a new replacement.
I use 2 presses. A Lyman turret for 300WM and down and a Lee Classic for big stuff with their quick release, pulling bullets and miscellaneous operations.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot (314).png
    Screenshot (314).png
    473.3 KB · Views: 177

Forum statistics

Threads
70,324
Messages
1,572,938
Members
169,653
Latest member
arthryonsus
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top