Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI Brush Country Chapter
Hunted
Kalahari; Limpopo; Mexico; Texas
I'm booked on Emirates to Harare late July. Getting there had more available dates than returning .

Philip Glass

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH legend
Reaction score
Website
www.dorper.net
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC, Life EWA
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Cameroon, Mongolia, Kyrgyzstan, Austria, Australia, TX, NM
This is very good news. I’ll take a look at them for my 2022 and 2023 Zim Safaris. I’d love to try their business class!

rinehart0050

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Hunted
New Zealand, South Africa (NWP, Limpopo, Eastern Cape); USA (NE, NC, MD, AZ, TX)
This is very good news. I’ll take a look at them for my 2022 and 2023 Zim Safaris. I’d love to try their business class!
I'll let you know how it is once we get back. Reasonable pricing right now. We used AMEX points, but my parents paid cash- a little over 4k per round trip

revturbo9967

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
USA- IL, WY, CO, NH, ME, Canada- NB
I'll let you know how it is once we get back. Reasonable pricing right now. We used AMEX points, but my parents paid cash- a little over 4k per round trip
for first class? Thats quite a bargain

Red Leg

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Member of
SCI DSC life memberships / NRA Patron Life
Hunted
Mexico, Namibia, RSA, Germany, Austria, Argentina, Canada, Mozambique, Spain, US (15 states)
for first class? Thats quite a bargain
Business class. True international first is a whole different level of investment - damn I miss those days as a Vice President in a major corporation! :cry:

My last international first flight was out of Dubai following a bid negotiation in Riyadh. First class had a shower and true individual compartments with a sliding door, and the seat didn't merely go flat, but made into what was essentially a single bed. Food and service were actual five-star.

Apparently, Emirates is offering a fire sale on its first cabins as well for like $1K over business.

Last edited:

revturbo9967

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
USA- IL, WY, CO, NH, ME, Canada- NB
Business class. True international first is a whole different level of investment - damn I miss those days as a Vice President in a major corporation! :cry:
Well that makes sense. First class to Japan was in the 28k range for our company last year, I'm not sure what business costs. That's above my paygrade :ROFLMAO:

Chukar

Gold supporter
Silver supporter
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI DSC
Hunted
USA, Namibia

I would be surprised if you were disappointed.

Highly recommended for the long hauls. The lay flat seats and the lounge privilege at the airport were more than worth the cost to me.

Tanks

AH elite
Reaction score
Media

Apparently, Emirates is offering a fire sale on its first cabins as well for like $1K over business.

Wow, wonder if it applies to upgrades from business, I'll have to check for my upcoming flight.

Red Leg

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Member of
Hunted
Mexico, Namibia, RSA, Germany, Austria, Argentina, Canada, Mozambique, Spain, US (15 states)
Wow, wonder if it applies to upgrades from business, I'll have to check for my upcoming flight.
That is what I was trying to say - though not very clearly.

Tanks

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
That is what I was trying to say - though not very clearly.
I couldn't do anything online as I got an error saying I had some options that permitted no changes. I will get Travel Express on it. Even if it is $1K per Dubai leg it would be worth it. I can justify regular business cost but First class is a bit much when I am not billing it to a client ;)

Philip Glass

AH legend
Reaction score
Website
www.dorper.net
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Cameroon, Mongolia, Kyrgyzstan, Austria, Australia, TX, NM
I would be surprised if you were disappointed.

Highly recommended for the long hauls. The lay flat seats and the lounge privilege at the airport were more than worth the cost to me.
Thanks! Fingers crossed I can do it next year

Philip Glass

AH legend
Reaction score
Website
www.dorper.net
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
Hunted
Ok Thanks

wesheltonj

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Benefactor-Life NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC, HSC
Hunted
USA, RSA
Read the story, web site says otherwise today.

buck wild

Silver supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI Brush Country Chapter
Hunted
Kalahari; Limpopo; Mexico; Texas
I couldn't do anything online as I got an error saying I had some options that permitted no changes. I will get Travel Express on it. Even if it is $1K per Dubai leg it would be worth it. I can justify regular business cost but First class is a bit much when I am not billing it to a client ;)
I booked through Travel Express with Lori about a month ago. When I inquired recently about trying to possibly just upgrade the longer leg of the flight from Houston to Dubai ot business, she replied they could only upgrade the total flight not just one section. That was my understanding. I was quoted $2k more over the $1,800 I paid for coach. With my wife going also, it would have been $4k total so guess we'll be flying coach as I can kill a few more animals with $4k exta :)

Tanks

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
I booked through Travel Express with Lori about a month ago. When I inquired recently about trying to possibly just upgrade the longer leg of the flight from Houston to Dubai ot business, she replied they could only upgrade the total flight not just one section. That was my understanding. I was quoted $2k more over the $1,800 I paid for coach. With my wife going also, it would have been $4k total so guess we'll be flying coach as I can kill a few more animals with $4k exta :)
I talked to Lori as well this morning. She said it still shows as $13K for First class ticket. More than double a business class ticket. Guess I'll have to suffer flying business. ;)

Red Leg

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Member of
Hunted
I talked to Lori as well this morning. She said it still shows as $13K for First class ticket. More than double a business class ticket. Guess I'll have to suffer flying business. ;)
I am sure she would know - found where I saw it. Probably just certain routes. Suffering in their business class does build character. :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DKWTrina00

Latest profile posts

Cervus elaphus wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Hi Bob, how's things going in Wyong?. Down your way a couple of years back but haven't been in NSW since Ebor for the fishing. just getting over some nasty storms up here in Qld, seeing the sun for the first time in a few days. I'm going to NZ in the spring and hope to clean up a few buns while there and perhaps shake the spiders out of my old .303LE (currently owned by my BIL). Cheers Brian
A couple pictures of the sable i chased for miles in Mozambique, Coutada 9!! We finally caught up to him and I had the trophy of a lifetime. Mokore Safaris, Doug Duckworth PH
sable Coutada 9.JPG
sable 2 - Coutada 9.JPG
Safari Dave wrote on egrmpty507's profile.
Did you purchase your hunt at a US SCI fundraiser?
uplander01 wrote on colorado's profile.
Heard you may have load data for the 500 Jeffery,.....any info would be appreciated. Was thinking 535gr, but already had a response that the 570gr would be a better way to go, not sure why.
Rickmt wrote on Leica Sport Optics's profile.
will Leica Amplus 6-2.5x15x50 fit on a pro success Blaser with low mount?