Elephant & Leopard Hunt Special

I have no vacation time :(

Oh man I'd be all over this so fast it'd make my head spin with just a little more notice.

What an incredible offer, I hope someone is able to take you up on it.

Super deal I hope somebody can jump on it.
Good luck selling the deal Wayne

Wow. So you can hunt an elephant for $20k and add on a leopard for $7500 more? That is a crazy deal!!
Rinehart, re-read the ad and recheck your math, it's not that much... These Zimbabwe deals have been popping up regularly on various sites including this one ever since the ban went into effect... But I would say this in one if the best, especially if one could get both elephant and leopard.

It is a testament to the resiliency of the Zimbabwe outfitters. I hate doing anything to support that government, but do think these outfitters deserve our support. We need them to stay in business through the ban and until that government situation becomes more tolerable and hopefully someday Zimbabwe can return to her former glory. I thought most of the people are good folks in a bad situation.

If I did not have a serious business commitment in this time table, and a potential back surgery looming :(, I'd be contacting Wayne and trying to arrange as many days as possible to have a good chance at both elephant and leopard. At that day rate and observer rate, I would negotiate for 21 days and add on as much as doable!

Best of luck getting these dates filled, like many on here,wish it was me!

Oh this is so unfair...
I arrive for a photo safari starting at Victoria Falls, eventually ending up in Cape Town S.A. with my wife and daughter from the 25th of March to the 20th of April. I would so love to buy this right now, I fear if I did - I might as well jump in the Zambezi river and be bate for the Tiger Fish. I will at the very least, pout about it, over the dinner table tonight. What an unbelievable deal, and we can import into Canada to boot. I somehow fell I'm being tested here...:-(
You can take photos on an elephant hunt!

Folks I did a similar hunt in November 2014. There are several things you can do for mementos of such a hunt. Make arrangements with a Zim taxidermist to buy your elephant hide panels.... Or basically trade him. Read the USFWS rules for Zimbabwe elephant trophy and parts import. You can't import Trophies, but curios and the such from Zimbabwe are importable. Taxidermist and leather shops such as TCI and Meredith make many things such as luggage, brief cases, art work, etc. And they and others buy elephant hide and other parts. So make arrangements ahead of time for what you like, go to the shop and buy the stuff, trading in your hide... Take some old throw away luggage with you and bring new luggage home. Double check that this is still legal but last time I read the rule it was how it read. A few items available are belts, wallets, various luggage, bags, backpacks, a painting on an elephant panel. There is an industry making these items for the tourists and for mail order. I don't think it was USFWS's goal to shut those down. So if you can live without "your" elephant hide, you can get some nice products.

Get replica tusks cast from your originals and have a replica shoulder or life size mount made if you like. The best taxidermists will customize a replica to be as good or better than a skin one... How many of us have replica fish mounts? And I stored my tusks, I'm not into Vegas style gambling, but I'm betting someday I will get my tusks home.. I really don't think my odds are any worse than they are in Vegas and not only did I save almost half of the cost of a RSA importable elephant hunt, I had no size restriction and got a ral wild hunt in a wild area. It was the adventure of a lifetime (well, hopefully not, I intend to do it again!). My hunt was extremely physically and mentally tasking, and I have the best memories of that hunt of any I have ever done! (so far;)

I don't know Wayne but from what some other guys have commented, sounds like he might be the real deal. And I can believe what he says about how he has it priced. He makes logical statements that follow good business logic... And this deal is not all that unique if you know what else is or has been out there.

I guess the next question for someone considering this would be is to find out how much replica tusks would cost to make. Very good point about replica fish Bob

Folks I did a similar hunt in November 2014. There are several things you can do for mementos of such a hunt. Make arrangements with a Zim taxidermist to buy your elephant hide panels.... Or basically trade him. Read the USFWS rules for Zimbabwe elephant trophy and parts import. You can't import Trophies, but curios and the such from Zimbabwe are importable. Taxidermist and leather shops such as TCI and Meredith make many things such as luggage, brief cases, art work, etc. And they and others buy elephant hide and other parts. So make arrangements ahead of time for what you like, go to the shop and buy the stuff, trading in your hide... Take some old throw away luggage with you and bring new luggage home. Double check that this is still legal but last time I read the rule it was how it read. A few items available are belts, wallets, various luggage, bags, backpacks, a painting on an elephant panel. There is an industry making these items for the tourists and for mail order. I don't think it was USFWS's goal to shut those down. So if you can live without "your" elephant hide, you can get some nice products.

Get replica tusks cast from your originals and have a replica shoulder or life size mount made if you like. The best taxidermists will customize a replica to be as good or better than a skin one... How many of us have replica fish mounts? And I stored my tusks, I'm not into Vegas style gambling, but I'm betting someday I will get my tusks home.. I really don't think my odds are any worse than they are in Vegas and not only did I save almost half of the cost of a RSA importable elephant hunt, I had no size restriction and got a ral wild hunt in a wild area. It was the adventure of a lifetime (well, hopefully not, I intend to do it again!). My hunt was extremely physically and mentally tasking, and I have the best memories of that hunt of any I have ever done! (so far;)

I don't know Wayne but from what some other guys have commented, sounds like he might be the real deal. And I can believe what he says about how he has it priced. He makes logical statements that follow good business logic... And this deal is not all that unique if you know what else is or has been out there.

Great idea Action Bob , it would be possible later in the year if someone wanted to do this hunt and extend the days to 21 days then I would be interested in doing that . On 21 days you may get 2 Elephant as there may well be extra available quota and with that amount of time one can work on all the difficult at times critters that only come out at night as well as take time off to visit the Hwange Park and Vic Falls especially if you are going to be bringing someone with who has never seen the Falls etc.

If anyone wants to commit to a 21 day hunt at this day rate for these Species for the later part of this year , I will commit as well and we can lock in some dates ....

By the way folks I have sold this hunt for March into April , so thank you to AHF and your support.

Kind regards

Wayne

I guess the next question for someone considering this would be is to find out how much replica tusks would cost to make. Very good point about replica fish Bob

I've said it before and I will keep saying it. For me, I would PREFER a hunt like this. As much as I'd love to have ivory I can't justify paying $15-20K extra at a minimum to import it. I hate it for the Zim outfitters (and elsewhere), but the ban makes a bull ele sometime I can consider now.

First set of replicas bare (2 pics, both sides) to put into a replica shoulder mount. $850. Second set of replicas mounted on turned and carved bases. $1400... Realize once they cast the mold, it is pretty easy to make more sets. The tusks hanging on chains are the real deal originals that I am importing into south Africa for safe keeping. I hired SSI to ensure all the documentation is done correctly so I can get them home when and if the ban is lifted. Bottom is closeups of the carvings on the bases, a village scene and a herd of elephants.

Replica Tusks (Side B).jpg

Replica Tusks (Side A).jpg
Replica Tusks on Carved Bases.jpg
Original Elephant Tusks Capped & Chained.jpg

Carved Base (Close Up Elephants).jpg
Carved Base (Close Up Village).jpg

P.S. You can just order a set of stock replica tusks from a taxidermy supply house here in the states. If I recall correctly they are about $550... But they will not be cast from your originals but rather just as close as you can get out of a catalog... A lot os US taxidermists will make replica tusks and mounts for you but of course to have them cast from the originals you have to do it where the originals are available. Now I don't have these home yet, the pictures are what I was sent from the taxidermist... I like the way the the ones on the bases look but am concerned the loose set is darker... I'm guessing it is just lighting but if I'm not content with them, I suspect I could use them to cast another set here. It was important to me to have them cast from the originals to be as realistic as possible. I will be able to go visit my real ones periodically;)

Love the bases Bob!

Action Bob sounds like you need to get this hunt organized! Ha! Someone should do this!

By the way folks I have sold this hunt for March into April , so thank you to AHF and your support

I believe someone is, Charlie, based on Wayne's statement above. Damned lucky hunter is all I can say. Wish my schedule was more flexible - I would have been all over this!

Congrats on selling what looks to be an amazing hunt! Congrats to the lucky hunter!

Exportable or not I'd jump on this in a second if I could. Excellent offer

Congrats on filling the slot and to the lucky hunter!

If anyone wants to commit to a 21 day hunt at this day rate for these Species for the later part of this year , I will commit as well and we can lock in some dates ....

By the way folks I have sold this hunt for March into April , so thank you to AHF and your support.

Kind regards

Wayne

Elephant and leopard hunt for the price of many leopard hunts. All the best to the hunter taking the early hunt. Still a great offer by Wayne for a late season hunt.

I have done this hunt with Wayne and took two elephants and a leopard. I also paid significantly more for the first elephant and the leopard than the price offered here. The ivory did beat the USFW deadline however and is now home.

Wayne knows what he is doing.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg