AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles
Elephant Charge After Crossing Lake

Last edited by a moderator:
I am by training a paleontologist. I firmly believe that evolution functions even in this day and age. This is a clear example of the stupid who should propogate stupid genes to another generation.

I know this forum is usually based on proactive and positive commentary but I just canot believe anyone could be so dumb. The followed those elephants far closer than I would want to be with a .375 H&H of larger rifle, provoked the herd by getting close to its young, and watched as the elephants climbed the bank only meters away - each with their ears flared in a semi-agressive posture.

What did they think would happen? These are real elephants, not the shamelessly tamed circus elephants that the completely ignorant know and love. These people confronted wild and dangerous game at close range.

These are some of the most dangerous animals on the planet - they shuold never have been allowed to be portrayed or used as side-show attractions in the first instance.

In the wild, they are massive, sometimes highly aggressive and intelligent animals deserving of tremedous respect and a very health dose of fear.

I hope that the people in the boat were not hurt - I would never wish that on anyone. But if they were, the elephants would ultimately suffer because a PH would probably have been dispatched to hunt the PAC aggressive and troublesome luxoadonta that caused all that trouble.

Shameful conduct. THose people deserve all the chastising that they get.

Thanks for sharing this Jerome - its a good reminder or how removed from the real wilderness most people actually are.

Those are prime canidates for the 2009 Darwin Awards.

About 10 years ago there was a young lady from Oz that went inside the fence and got too close to a polar bear here at the local zoo. She quicky learned why that fence was there and big white bears aren't warm and cuddly like the ones on store shelves.

When was that video taken Jerome?

Clearthorn I completely agree with you all wild animals should be treated with respect to be honest I find it arrogant that we as humans think that we can get in to their comfort zone and if they react we are left with a quick retreat and shock of why did that just happen.:wacky:

This reminds me of a personal experience watching a group of Asian tourists in Yellowstone NP. They were trying to get their pictures taken while standing next to wild bison.

I watched from a distance trying to figure out if they were from the shallow end of some gene pool or if they actually believed what they saw on PBS-TV nature shows...

- browningbbr

Always good for tourism. I am assuming these were tour guides in charge of things and they really deserve to have someone rip them a new one.

People in general are shallow thinkers and really, is it any wonder that they are displaying an inability to reason and a complete lack of common sense when you look at our breeding program? :rolleyes:

Bad conduct !!! treat these giants with respect else they would show their worst disrespect to you which can prove fatal,
The guides need to learn the intricacy.
Jerome where did this take place ??

Monish

Monish, I don't know where this took place.

Thanks Jerome .

Monish

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OmaMcGill

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg