Effective range for a .375 H & H

it would be effective on a kudu bull at 300 yds.
the cartridge is not marginal, and a well zeroed rifle would be capable of good hits in the hands of a good shot.
it would however me more emphatic at 100 yds.
the big problem starts from 300 and out.
bruce.

My Win 70 with Barnes 235gr TSX is dead on out to 300 yds sighted 2" high at 100 yds. I have shot steel at FTW Ranch out to 700 yds with a spotter. That's a real rainbow trajectory and not something I would try elsewhere. I try to keep all my shots at 300 or less with all calibers in the field.
Respectfully the BC on the 235's is terrible. I submit that with the 300 grain Nosler Accubond you've have more fun. There are even better bullets than that and if I were shooting that far I'd be using them.

I’ve never used anything other than 300gr bullets in my dads 375 and honestly don’t think I ever will. I took a hartebeest at 325yards off the sticks with his 375 using Hornady 300gr BTSP hand loads at 2600FPS via RL15 and the hartebeest dropped in his tracks. We’ve always been heavy for caliber guys and that personally solidified it all the more. I have read that the 300gr Hornady BTSP were not reliable but I haven’t had an issue yet. I wish they still made them. I took a blue wildebeest at 80yds with the same load and it was a clean through and through with him only running 40yds before dropping.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomaineBar

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.