Effective range for a .375 H & H

it would be effective on a kudu bull at 300 yds.
the cartridge is not marginal, and a well zeroed rifle would be capable of good hits in the hands of a good shot.
it would however me more emphatic at 100 yds.
the big problem starts from 300 and out.
bruce.

My Win 70 with Barnes 235gr TSX is dead on out to 300 yds sighted 2" high at 100 yds. I have shot steel at FTW Ranch out to 700 yds with a spotter. That's a real rainbow trajectory and not something I would try elsewhere. I try to keep all my shots at 300 or less with all calibers in the field.
Respectfully the BC on the 235's is terrible. I submit that with the 300 grain Nosler Accubond you've have more fun. There are even better bullets than that and if I were shooting that far I'd be using them.

I’ve never used anything other than 300gr bullets in my dads 375 and honestly don’t think I ever will. I took a hartebeest at 325yards off the sticks with his 375 using Hornady 300gr BTSP hand loads at 2600FPS via RL15 and the hartebeest dropped in his tracks. We’ve always been heavy for caliber guys and that personally solidified it all the more. I have read that the 300gr Hornady BTSP were not reliable but I haven’t had an issue yet. I wish they still made them. I took a blue wildebeest at 80yds with the same load and it was a clean through and through with him only running 40yds before dropping.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpathianHunters

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!