DSC Convention Moving to GA

Petey J

AH veteran
Joined
Jan 31, 2020
Messages
211
Reaction score
549
Location
Northwest Central Illinois
Media
25
Articles
2
Member of
Pheasants Forever, Ducks Unlimited, Life Member NRA, North American Versatile Hunting Dog Association
Just saw this on social media. DSC Convention is moving to Atlanta for 2025-2029.

 
Saw that. I have no love for the ATL. If I have to go East, then I would much rather be in Nashville.
 
For me both cities are about the same driving distance and time. However, I'm with Red Leg about it being held in Nashville versus Atlanta. Only because downtown traffic wise, Nashville traffic is a bit of a bad dream, Atlanta traffic is a bit of a nightmare.
 
I understand the move due to the overhaul of Kay Bailey's place, but I don't understand the conference they want to hold in the summer. That is right in the middle of the hunting season for the Africa outfitters.
It must be a watered down version? Maybe someone with insight can enlighten us as to the objective.
 
I wonder if they didn’t choose Nashville because SCI is there and if they did that then both shows should just combine into one at that point.
 
I wonder if they didn’t choose Nashville because SCI is there and if they did that then both shows should just combine into one at that point.
I think it is more likely that the old guard wants to compete with SCI for the same Southeast membership base.
 
Just saw this on social media. DSC Convention is moving to Atlanta for 2025-2029.

Also DSC GA has a large and growing base
 
Hard to believe that Dallas would not build a new convention center prior to tearing KBH down. Five + years without conventions has to be difficult for the convention industry in Dallas.

The Anatole is too small to return to, but Ft. Worth, Austin, San Antonio and Houston should all have adequate space for DSC.

Competing with SCI seems to be a reason for the move.

Perhaps I will go to Houston or Nashville.
 
I wonder with DSC moving to Atlanta those years if Houston HSC will be bigger and have more outfitters come to it? Being that a lot of Texas and Southern folks may not want to go to Atlanta. I for one will probably not be able to do DSC after the move.
 
I wonder with DSC moving to Atlanta those years if Houston HSC will be bigger and have more outfitters come to it? Being that a lot of Texas and Southern folks may not want to go to Atlanta. I for one will probably not be able to do DSC after the move.

Doubtful, HSC has already moved back to the Woodlands that severely limits its size.
 
Not sure how to respond to this....lol
Are you also looking for an answer to the question or not understanding the question? :)
I think that for at least two years, there will be untold questions about "what do we do now?" Gilly's will be a prime example.

My guess is that it would be about a 700-800 mile drive.
 
I think that for at least two years, there will be untold questions about "what do we do now?" Gilly's will be a prime example.

My guess is that it would be about a 700-800 mile drive.
Ok, you've twisted my arm. I'm in.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,353
Messages
1,573,876
Members
169,869
Latest member
tropketvomi1988
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top