Drillbit's Trophy Room Build

Here it is with the walls finished


LiEPsLh.jpg
 

Attachments

  • LiEPsLh.jpg
    LiEPsLh.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 329
Next up was the floors, we went with a metallic epoxy floor. The result was amazing.

After sanding and priming the floors (also track lighting was finally installed)

ZCbw6cU.jpg


Pouring the base layer:

H0aIgCu.jpg


Squeegee the base layer:

IQofgu4.jpg


Randomly pouring the copper accent layer from a garden watering can (and while talking on the phone):

BTLeSlY.jpg
 
And the final product. I'll get some closeups of the floor. They still need to seal it so I didn't want to walk on it much.

OSjLYA1.jpg


kKhGIEH.jpg
 

Attachments

  • BTLeSlY.jpg
    BTLeSlY.jpg
    842.8 KB · Views: 340
  • H0aIgCu.jpg
    H0aIgCu.jpg
    869 KB · Views: 347
  • IQofgu4.jpg
    IQofgu4.jpg
    600.4 KB · Views: 333
  • kKhGIEH.jpg
    kKhGIEH.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 333
  • OSjLYA1.jpg
    OSjLYA1.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 396
  • ZCbw6cU.jpg
    ZCbw6cU.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 375
The room looks fantastic.
 
Wow, really like the floor!
 
Awesome!
 
Fantastic room and love the floor and all the lighting!!
 
Outstanding!!!

Very interesting technique on the floor. I have to ask it appears when he is spreading the “gold” he is wearing spikes on his shoes obviously it is still wet at this time. Does the product naturally level and fill in those voids?
 
Really well done!
 
Very nice looking floor, can't wait to see some mounts hanging!!
 
Very, very nice! Love the floor!
 
Outstanding!!!

Very interesting technique on the floor. I have to ask it appears when he is spreading the “gold” he is wearing spikes on his shoes obviously it is still wet at this time. Does the product naturally level and fill in those voids?

Yes, the epoxy naturally fills in and levels itself. There is about 40 minutes of working time before it becomes too sticky to work with. There is definitely an art to working with it.
 
Beautiful! Love the color on the walls.
 
And the final product. I'll get some closeups of the floor. They still need to seal it so I didn't want to walk on it much.

OSjLYA1.jpg


kKhGIEH.jpg

Wow! Really impressive floors. I was not familiar with that.

I'm taking copious notes on your project for my future trophy room!
 
OMG! .... it is beyond wow. Can’t wait to see trophies on the walls.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,292
Messages
1,570,767
Members
169,011
Latest member
JoieC46335
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top