Double rifles for buffalo

Kevin Peacocke

AH ambassador
Joined
Feb 10, 2018
Messages
6,685
Reaction score
25,360
Location
Harare Zimbabwe
Media
111
Articles
2
Hunting reports
Africa
5
Member of
Cleveland Gun Club
Hunted
Zimbabwe, SouthAfrica
You guys have got me so excited listening to your posts about wheels up, coming to Dande, coming to Save, coming to SA, it is almost too much to bear. That's cake enough, but the cherry would be a buffalo on the card, a big mean old daga boy. Now add doing it with a double! So who is going to join the 'daga boy double club'? If you pull that off you are invited to our Stanley Fire Pit in Harare for a single malt and cigar afternoon to share your heroic tale.
 
Wheels up Monday to Limpopo (fingers crossed that United from DFW to Newark to Joburg is flying) and for my second buffalo I'm bringing my new John Rigby & Co. Big Game in 416 Rigby, but also packing my Chapuis 375 H&H double. We shall see which rifle gets to bark-- maybe both???
I know that's not a conventional two gun battery, but both are really fun to shoot.
Roan and golden wildebeest also on the ticket.
 
You guys have got me so excited listening to your posts about wheels up, coming to Dande, coming to Save, coming to SA, it is almost too much to bear. That's cake enough, but the cherry would be a buffalo on the card, a big mean old daga boy. Now add doing it with a double! So who is going to join the 'daga boy double club'? If you pull that off you are invited to our Stanley Fire Pit in Harare for a single malt and cigar afternoon to share your heroic tale.
Next year. Zambezi Valley
 
Definitely in the plans for later this year in Tanzania;)
 
July 22 Qatar Airlines, Washington/Dulles to JoBerg via Doha. Cape buffalo is my #1 target animal. 500 NE will be in tow.
 
First of August I will be back in Phalaborwa for buffalo. It will be the last hunt with my old 500 NE, then back in March with the new one. Never hunt in spring when it´s green, and warm.
 
Well I'm just trying to do a deal on a box of parts that used to be a Rigby .450NE & I could use that next time I'm over, that's if I can get it up & running & how much I do on it, I think just enough to use !

Marks Rigby 450NE.jpg
 
First of August I will be back in Phalaborwa for buffalo. It will be the last hunt with my old 500 NE, then back in March with the new one. Never hunt in spring when it´s green, and warm.
What is the new one Tommen?
 
Well I'm just trying to do a deal on a box of parts that used to be a Rigby .450NE & I could use that next time I'm over, that's if I can get it up & running & how much I do on it, I think just enough to use !

View attachment 408912
Patina is precious.
 
First of August I will be back in Phalaborwa for buffalo. It will be the last hunt with my old 500 NE, then back in March with the new one. Never hunt in spring when it´s green, and warm.
What is wrong with spring? I'm hunting Buf in Sep,
 
What is wrong with spring? I'm hunting Buf in Sep,

I guess it´s more difficult to hunt when everything is green, nothing wrong with it.
I assume Robert is having some fun with us - September is the start of spring in Southern Africa and a great time to hunt there. The northern hemisphere spring or early fall in Southern Africa can be very challenging, as you noted, due to heat and vegetation.
 
You guys have got me so excited listening to your posts about wheels up, coming to Dande, coming to Save, coming to SA, it is almost too much to bear. That's cake enough, but the cherry would be a buffalo on the card, a big mean old daga boy. Now add doing it with a double! So who is going to join the 'daga boy double club'? If you pull that off you are invited to our Stanley Fire Pit in Harare for a single malt and cigar afternoon to share your heroic tale.
Well next year I may well take you up on this splendid offer.
 
I assume Robert is having some fun with us - September is the start of spring in Southern Africa and a great time to hunt there. The northern hemisphere spring or early fall in Southern Africa can be very challenging, as you noted, due to heat and vegetation.
I was just wondering about conditions because this is my first trip.
 
You guys have got me so excited listening to your posts about wheels up, coming to Dande, coming to Save, coming to SA, it is almost too much to bear. That's cake enough, but the cherry would be a buffalo on the card, a big mean old daga boy. Now add doing it with a double! So who is going to join the 'daga boy double club'? If you pull that off you are invited to our Stanley Fire Pit in Harare for a single malt and cigar afternoon to share your heroic tale.
I hope I am! Wednesday wheels up to SA to hunt with Tsala hunting Cape Buffalo and Nyala both with my new Chamblais 450-400 SxS DR!!!
 
Also already also booked for same time in 22 for a second Buffalo, Kudu and first Water Buck with same 450-400
 
I've shot buffalo with a .450-400, .450 no2, .500, .600. Just completed a hunt on a huge SA ranch and took two buffalo and a roan with an 1885 Rodda 4-bore double. Had to cancel my vacation in Zim due to COVID lockdowns so fly out Friday.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,325
Messages
1,572,972
Members
169,671
Latest member
AbelHowar
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top