Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Cleveland Gun Club
Hunted
Zimbabwe, SouthAfrica
You guys have got me so excited listening to your posts about wheels up, coming to Dande, coming to Save, coming to SA, it is almost too much to bear. That's cake enough, but the cherry would be a buffalo on the card, a big mean old daga boy. Now add doing it with a double! So who is going to join the 'daga boy double club'? If you pull that off you are invited to our Stanley Fire Pit in Harare for a single malt and cigar afternoon to share your heroic tale.

Wheels up Monday to Limpopo (fingers crossed that United from DFW to Newark to Joburg is flying) and for my second buffalo I'm bringing my new John Rigby & Co. Big Game in 416 Rigby, but also packing my Chapuis 375 H&H double. We shall see which rifle gets to bark-- maybe both???
I know that's not a conventional two gun battery, but both are really fun to shoot.
Roan and golden wildebeest also on the ticket.

You guys have got me so excited listening to your posts about wheels up, coming to Dande, coming to Save, coming to SA, it is almost too much to bear. That's cake enough, but the cherry would be a buffalo on the card, a big mean old daga boy. Now add doing it with a double! So who is going to join the 'daga boy double club'? If you pull that off you are invited to our Stanley Fire Pit in Harare for a single malt and cigar afternoon to share your heroic tale.
Next year. Zambezi Valley

Definitely in the plans for later this year in Tanzania;)

July 22 Qatar Airlines, Washington/Dulles to JoBerg via Doha. Cape buffalo is my #1 target animal. 500 NE will be in tow.

First of August I will be back in Phalaborwa for buffalo. It will be the last hunt with my old 500 NE, then back in March with the new one. Never hunt in spring when it´s green, and warm.

Well I'm just trying to do a deal on a box of parts that used to be a Rigby .450NE & I could use that next time I'm over, that's if I can get it up & running & how much I do on it, I think just enough to use !

Marks Rigby 450NE.jpg

First of August I will be back in Phalaborwa for buffalo. It will be the last hunt with my old 500 NE, then back in March with the new one. Never hunt in spring when it´s green, and warm.
What is the new one Tommen?

Well I'm just trying to do a deal on a box of parts that used to be a Rigby .450NE & I could use that next time I'm over, that's if I can get it up & running & how much I do on it, I think just enough to use !

View attachment 408912
Patina is precious.

What is wrong with spring? I'm hunting Buf in Sep,

What is wrong with spring? I'm hunting Buf in Sep,

I guess it´s more difficult to hunt when everything is green, nothing wrong with it.
I assume Robert is having some fun with us - September is the start of spring in Southern Africa and a great time to hunt there. The northern hemisphere spring or early fall in Southern Africa can be very challenging, as you noted, due to heat and vegetation.

Well next year I may well take you up on this splendid offer.

I assume Robert is having some fun with us - September is the start of spring in Southern Africa and a great time to hunt there. The northern hemisphere spring or early fall in Southern Africa can be very challenging, as you noted, due to heat and vegetation.
I was just wondering about conditions because this is my first trip.

I hope I am! Wednesday wheels up to SA to hunt with Tsala hunting Cape Buffalo and Nyala both with my new Chamblais 450-400 SxS DR!!!

Also already also booked for same time in 22 for a second Buffalo, Kudu and first Water Buck with same 450-400

I've shot buffalo with a .450-400, .450 no2, .500, .600. Just completed a hunt on a huge SA ranch and took two buffalo and a roan with an 1885 Rodda 4-bore double. Had to cancel my vacation in Zim due to COVID lockdowns so fly out Friday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MollieTwop

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg