Does Size Really Matter?

I'm with Nyati on this subject; size doesn't matter to me. The Cape Buff on my bedroom wall is missing half a horn, an old bloke who had "been through the wars". He makes a good hat rack. I actually measured the Oryx a week or so back; the Outfitters suggested 40", he's actually right on a meter (39.36"), I don't care .... but, the memories ....

B&C sucks IMO because the mass of the points has no value, but you get more mass measurements the more points you have on the beam. So a heavier buck with less points can have a smaller mass score than a thin buck with lots of points.

Your statement regarding mass measurements is not really accurate - the B&C system (for most multi pointed game like whitetail deer) allows 4 mass measurements (on the main beam) irregardless of how many points the antler has.

And I totally agree with you, the system gives no credit or recognition to mass in the points - which in most peoples opinion, is one of the most impressive features on a set of antlers from a mature animal

B&C sucks IMO because the mass of the points has no value, but you get more mass measurements the more points you have on the beam. So a heavier buck with less points can have a smaller mass score than a thin buck with lots of points.

Your statement regarding mass measurements is not really accurate - the B&C system (for most multi pointed game like whitetail deer) allows 4 mass measurements (on the main beam) irregardless of how many points the antler has.

And I totally agree with you, the system gives no credit or recognition to mass in the points - which in most peoples opinion, is one of the most impressive features on a set of antlers from a mature animal

average birds but one of the best hunts I've ever had! my 14 year old daughter after two failed seasons! two birds with one shot!!! hope there isn't any KFWD people on here,lol
My daughter was looking at my posts and informed me that she was thirteen for that hunt,lol cant keep track of time! And she likes this picture better.
View attachment 235249

20170402_192217 (1).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntingthewoods

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois