Does Size Really Matter?

I'm with Nyati on this subject; size doesn't matter to me. The Cape Buff on my bedroom wall is missing half a horn, an old bloke who had "been through the wars". He makes a good hat rack. I actually measured the Oryx a week or so back; the Outfitters suggested 40", he's actually right on a meter (39.36"), I don't care .... but, the memories ....
 
B&C sucks IMO because the mass of the points has no value, but you get more mass measurements the more points you have on the beam. So a heavier buck with less points can have a smaller mass score than a thin buck with lots of points.
.

Your statement regarding mass measurements is not really accurate - the B&C system (for most multi pointed game like whitetail deer) allows 4 mass measurements (on the main beam) irregardless of how many points the antler has.

And I totally agree with you, the system gives no credit or recognition to mass in the points - which in most peoples opinion, is one of the most impressive features on a set of antlers from a mature animal
 
B&C sucks IMO because the mass of the points has no value, but you get more mass measurements the more points you have on the beam. So a heavier buck with less points can have a smaller mass score than a thin buck with lots of points.
.

Your statement regarding mass measurements is not really accurate - the B&C system (for most multi pointed game like whitetail deer) allows 4 mass measurements (on the main beam) irregardless of how many points the antler has.

And I totally agree with you, the system gives no credit or recognition to mass in the points - which in most peoples opinion, is one of the most impressive features on a set of antlers from a mature animal
 
average birds but one of the best hunts I've ever had! my 14 year old daughter after two failed seasons! two birds with one shot!!! hope there isn't any KFWD people on here,lol
My daughter was looking at my posts and informed me that she was thirteen for that hunt,lol cant keep track of time! And she likes this picture better.
View attachment 235249

20170402_192217 (1).jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
70,301
Messages
1,571,053
Members
169,096
Latest member
EliseCream
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top