Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Eastern Cape, Free State, Northwest), Zimbabwe, Zambia, Tanzania, Uganda
Who have you used? Was everything ok? Any suggestions would be great as I assume there are quite a few choices

Night time bump, maybe I posted too early in the day today. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

I've used Swift Pro Dip (2007, 2009) and Trophy Solutions (2015). Both did thier jobs- I will say Trophy Solutions was very helpful and my most recent dipper/shipper.

check out Trans African Taxidermists, the also offer dip and ship options. www.transafrican.com
Have used them many times and they do a great job.

Thanks Petrus

We used Karl Human Taxidermy in port Elizabeth and he was excellent and reasonably. I will use him again in 2017 and may have him do the mount and not just dip and pack like last time.
Everything arrived well and my taxidermist here said he did a great job. and showed me a few that were not so good from others.
I would recommend him to anyone.

I used SWIFT DIP for my last two trips and I was very satisfied with their service. Great communication and my taxidermist was pleased with the care they took of the trophies.

Thanks guys

Swift Dip does an excellent job.

Don't use Highveld Taxidermy. Look at the piss poor stitching they did on my impala, and that is only one of the issues I had with them. Total nightmare.

IMG_0743.JPG

Thanks for your input Para

Check with Pieter Reedy he will have someone!

Reedy0312,

Just saw your inquiry.... Not sure if you are referring that you will be hunting near Jo'burg itself, or just via Jo'burg?

If you are hunting anywhere in the Northwest, Limpopo, or KZN, I would recommend Trophy Pro SA. I have used them personally on my last few safaris. The offer a full line of services including dip & pack, tanning, rug making, curio and traditional taxidermy. Their pricing is very reasonable, and the customer service is first-rate.

Thanks @firehuntfish ,

I'll take a look at them as we will be in the NW province

Your getting real close! How did you shoot at the range yesterday Reedy?

10 Days!!!!! Range session took some tuning but in the end I was pleased with two 3 shot groups within 1 inch at 100 yards. The final 2 shots I took off of shooting sticks at 50 yards at a buffalo shoulder that I drew on some cardboard, and both were where they needed to be

Pictures please. We all need to see the hand scribed buff shoulder!

Ok Charlie,

A few disclaimers however. Obviously I'm not the best artist around, secondly I drew this without any reference. Also, I know the lungs are way to high here, but it was just for visual reference to shoot at something on the cardboard. So after hitting low and right, a height adjustment was made, then a left adjustment was made, the fired 2 more shots to get the first 3 shot group in the "heart". Made another height adjustment and what I thought was a little more left, but ended up going right, so I decided to see if I get get another group, which I did. The 2 in the "lungs" were off the sticks. Another session next week with perhaps a new rendering of another buff shoulder could be in store, lol
20160416_152636.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeeWedel71

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois