Dinosaur Hunting Guns: Taking Down T-Rex and Other Extinct Reptiles

Viral_SIGness

Bronze supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
I hear ya.
I only have 1 double. My reason for buying one wasnt the normal reason, i dont believe.
Growing up left handed, i always shot right handed rifles. I wasnt as fast at it as a righty of course.
Then when i finally got a left handed rifle, it felt funny.
I finally got a dr in like 2014. Works great for my situation.
I also prefer the range days in winter. So i can wear a jacket. Lefties shooting a right handed rifle will get alot of brass burns in semi autos. Always have to tuck the right elbow under the mag. Its very uncomfortable!
But growing up a lefty in my time will screw u up !
Im a lefty, but due to what i could find? I still throw baseballs with my right ( never could find a glove as a kid ).
My cousin is a lefty. When we were doing windows for a living, working with him was great. We could avoid using ladders on tall houses, because I could hang out one side and work and he would do the other. So there are definitely perks to being a lefty. But until here in the past 15 years or so, pistols finally have reversible mag releases and ambi. Slide stop levers. That same cousin has always carried Glocks like me, and just dealt with it.

Ike85123

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
None
My cousin is a lefty. When we were doing windows for a living, working with him was great. We could avoid using ladders on tall houses, because I could hang out one side and work and he would do the other. So there are definitely perks to being a lefty. But until here in the past 15 years or so, pistols finally have reversible mag releases and ambi. Slide stop levers. That same cousin has always carried Glocks like me, and just dealt with it.
I hear ya ! Nothing like trying to speed load a sa or use a speed loader with your right hand. Lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EloiseMcco

Latest profile posts

flatwater bill wrote on john stroud's profile.
Leopard Legend....................Hi John.............I see that you have not visited AH in awhile. Hope all is well. I am looking for a hunt in Namibia..............would like to ask a few questions about your hunt.............all the best..............................Bill
Cervus elaphus wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Hi Bob, how's things going in Wyong?. Down your way a couple of years back but haven't been in NSW since Ebor for the fishing. just getting over some nasty storms up here in Qld, seeing the sun for the first time in a few days. I'm going to NZ in the spring and hope to clean up a few buns while there and perhaps shake the spiders out of my old .303LE (currently owned by my BIL). Cheers Brian
A couple pictures of the sable i chased for miles in Mozambique, Coutada 9!! We finally caught up to him and I had the trophy of a lifetime. Mokore Safaris, Doug Duckworth PH
sable Coutada 9.JPG
sable 2 - Coutada 9.JPG
Safari Dave wrote on egrmpty507's profile.
Did you purchase your hunt at a US SCI fundraiser?
uplander01 wrote on colorado's profile.
Heard you may have load data for the 500 Jeffery,.....any info would be appreciated. Was thinking 535gr, but already had a response that the 570gr would be a better way to go, not sure why.