Delta just cancelled June 1 ATL to JNB flight

Any word on the July flights yet? Delta seems to be making statements on it roughly 2 months in advance.

When I checked online yesterday, Delta had moved the dates out a little more on the direct ATL to JNB flights. They previously were showing July 2 - now July 7. (Nothing official, just what the online ticketing function was showing.)

We booked tickets with Qatar last week in anticipation of Delta pulling the plug on our mid July flights.

I am booked on Emirates out of Houston to JNB June 27-July 15

I am waiting for Delta to cancel my July 24th flight before I can get refunded and look at Qatar. I am told they will not fly unless Biden ends the SA citizen ban. Maybe if United goes ahead then Delta will fly. Who knows!

I am waiting for Delta to cancel my July 24th flight before I can get refunded and look at Qatar. I am told they will not fly unless Biden ends the SA citizen ban. Maybe if United goes ahead then Delta will fly. Who knows!
. Have you checked Qatar's prices? The flights I checked are considerably more than when I booked a few months ago.

I looked at Emirates this morning and Economy round trip from IAH (HOUSTON) - JNB $1302.00 Round trip

We're booked on emirates 24 June departure, 25 June arrival into Harare.

Fingers crossed.

. Have you checked Qatar's prices? The flights I checked are considerably more than when I booked a few months ago.
Yes prices are going up. I just hope if I have to change airlines that I can get Qatar business class. That looks to me to be a miserable itinerary in coach.

Yes, other options. But some result in 36+ hour trip to get to destination versus 24 hour trip via ATL to JNB.
Yes sir! We are leaving this Thursday (May 27th) and having to layover for 13 hours in Germany on the way there and a direct flight back to the states on return flight through United and Lafthansa Airlines for us. So far so good on our flights still on time for departure.

Brace yourselfs 3rd wave in progress in SA.....stricter measures are iminent.....
I get the feeling whats happening on the ground here is not equil to the figures.....

Brace yourselfs 3rd wave in progress in SA.....stricter measures are iminent.....
I get the feeling whats happening on the ground here is not equil to the figures.....

That doesn’t sound good for those of us about to head over in the next few days!! I depart Friday the 28th May for 27 day trip.

Yip not good but reality.....

Wishing I had booked in May instead of July. Sure hope they get it under control before it gets much worse.

Yip not good but reality.....
You are about to enter cooler, drier weather. Hopefully that will help mitigate the spike.

All you can do, and should do is stick to the facts. The only solid thing we have learnt in the past 18 months is that rumours spread faster than covid. Don't react until you need to, and don't over react.

Am in the Eastern Cape now. Business as usual, hunting, eating, sleeping. Leave in three days. Test in two and homeward bound on Qatar.
RSA isn't the problem. It's the goofballs running the U.S.

You are about to enter cooler, drier weather. Hopefully that will help mitigate the spike.
Winter, virus, I honestly hope for what you are meaning but I think not.......lets hope I am wrong......

Winter, virus, I honestly hope for what you are meaning but I think not.......lets hope I am wrong......
You are correct that heat is bad for a virus, but they also seem to thrive where the environment is moist. I'm hoping the drier weather will help. Your last peak was around January 8 - 12 this year. Of course, your first wave peaked, as you note, in July of last year. Keep our fingers crossed.

Forget the fear mongering. Get the shots, wear your mask, stay away from large gatherings like church services, practice safe distancing where desirable. Like the United States, it's all about drama in the news media.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FreemanHar

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you