Delta just cancelled June 1 ATL to JNB flight

Forget the fear mongering. Get the shots, wear your mask, stay away from large gatherings like church services, practice safe distancing where desirable. Like the United States, it's all about drama in the news media.
Thanks for the "Boots on the ground" advice @Hogpatrol

Looking forward to your hunt report when you get back.

You are correct that heat is bad for a virus, but they also seem to thrive where the environment is moist. I'm hoping the drier weather will help. Your last peak was around January 8 - 12 this year. Of course, your first wave peaked, as you note, in July of last year. Keep our fingers crossed.
Bedford, RSA weather yesterday, 5/23 was 17%
humidity.

General feeling here is with rsa citizens banned in 150+ countries, and United starting flights, Delta is too far behind the curve to start anytime soon.

Last edited:
I just returned from the Eastern Cape a just a few days ago and a few words of advice....if you’ve had the covid vaccination I recommend wearing your vaccine card around your neck as I did both ways to RSA and back to the USA. Both ways when they saw that vaccination card and I began to pull out my covid tests and was waved through customs before they even looked at it. It was definitely because of having that card on a lanyard on my chest where it could easily be seen by the agents. I had zero issues at all getting there or back home safely and I did go alone as well. I didn’t see anyone else having issues getting in/out either (or at least non with the other hunters that were on my flight which was the majority of the plane). Unless their Government turns on them even more so than what I personally witnessed (turning off access too standard utilities such as doing random rolling electrical blackouts) I otherwise think things will be fine for anyone else traveling to RSA this hunting season as well. I had a great Safari and looking forward to writing my report (maybe tonight if I get the time) and reading many others’ reports from this years season. Good luck and happy hunting to you all!!

Having the vaccination card around your neck might backfire if the attached info becomes the new rule. Keep the tab on the new "rules" as they change them constantly.
Screenshot_20210614-211512.jpg

Travel agent just advised me that Delta cancelled ATL to JNB flight that was scheduled to start June 1st.
I knew this was coming two months ago so I changed to Atlanta to Doha to Jberg all with Qatar with no problems. I leave in two weeks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marinayzi

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you