Data base for reloads

Dr Ray

AH legend
Joined
Apr 1, 2017
Messages
4,298
Reaction score
6,534
Location
Cairns, Australia
Media
53
Articles
5
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
7
Member of
Sporting Shooters Association of Australia + CRM Gunsports (Cairns)
Just wondering if AH could start a data base that we could contribute known accuracy loads (for example) for different calibers/cartridges.
Same data base for effective loads and bullet combinations so if we wish we could search for reloading data.
 
I think this would be a good idea IF the information was complete, so in addition to the usual (rifle / action make, bullet weight, propellant and charge) the following was included:
- primer make and model
- brass make and H2O capacity in grains
- OAL / CBTO length
- jump to lands
- temperature
 
As published loads are pressure tested and “safe” possibly a listing of pet published loads. Since the pet load for your gun would need to be tweaked for mine it stands to reason that the closest published load is the best starting point for all.

Notations that your rifle prefers an additional half grain above max or has best accuracy with a full grain bellow max would be helpful. Everybody has preferred cases and every chamber is cut a bit differently. Squeezing the last 1/2 moa out of a rifle is gonna take dialing in anyway.
 
I think this would be a good idea IF the information was complete, so in addition to the usual (rifle / action make, bullet weight, propellant and charge) the following was included:
- primer make and model
- brass make and H2O capacity in grains
- OAL / CBTO length
- jump to lands
- temperature

Great complementary data would be excellent. I’ve had a 22/250 load using 55 grain Bullets backed by 41.4 grains of W748. This load should be “up there” but in the heat the primers were certainly flattened.
 
Just thought about that 22/250 load. Yikes! It was W760.
It was well over 29 years ago when I used that load .
So this post is a correction! My apologies.
 
Data base is a great idea. I've found a few good loads from members here.
 
I do know that my 404 Jeffery load has worked in many other rifle becoming their standard loading as well. 84 gn H4350 (Fed LR mag primer) under the 400 gn bullet at 2300fps seems to be in a sweet spot for at least a 1/2 doz rifles that I personally know of. I used the Woodleigh PP and the RWS solid while others have use different bullets with similar results.
 
Here’s an article in pdf from Handloader Magazine with some good info.
 

Attachments

Forum statistics

Threads
70,281
Messages
1,571,575
Members
169,375
Latest member
Richmond416
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top