Dakota Arms still open?

kdiver58

AH member
Reaction score
Media
I have been trying to contact them with information on a Model 76 I have in .375 H&H. I called emailed and sent a message through their web site .. Nothing :(

RETD16

AH member
Reaction score
I have been trying to contact them with information on a Model 76 I have in .375 H&H. I called emailed and sent a message through their web site .. Nothing :(
I think that they might have gotten shut down by Remington because of their bankruptcy?

Wishfulthinker580

AH veteran
Reaction score
IIRC they were bought by the same company that bought Remington Firearms. During the whole bankruptcy deal

YancyW

Gold supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, SCI, RMEF, Ducks Unlimited
God damned shame. Dakota made fine rifles.

It is, I have bought a couple more since I posted this, I am hooked and the prices are clearly not coming down.

Hunting Hitman

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
I have a Dakota Arms 416 Rigby with Mercury recoil reducer that shoots lights out.

kdiver58

AH member
Reaction score
Media
I have a Dakota model 76 in .375 H&H I wanted more information on before I sell it. It's engraved with a bear and was part of a Dallas Safari Club edition. I contacted a Gun Shop in close proximity to the original factory and this was the reply I received.

"Dakota Arms was sold last year. Park West Arms bought them and they are just getting up and running."

https://www.parkwestarms.com/

Captain Munro

AH veteran
Reaction score
Website
jtwannabewriter.blogspot.com
I have a Dakota model 76 in .375 H&H I wanted more information on before I sell it. It's engraved with a bear and was part of a Dallas Safari Club edition. I contacted a Gun Shop in close proximity to the original factory and this was the reply I received.

"Dakota Arms was sold last year. Park West Arms bought them and they are just getting up and running."

https://www.parkwestarms.com/
I saw something posted about that in another forum. I made a thread on here too to let others know. I hope ParkWest does a good job. Maybe they will even make a magnum length actioned rifle I can afford haha.

kdiver58

AH member
Reaction score
Media
I sent an email to the address on the web site and it bounced .. I'm hoping they make it. And I really hope they have all of the history on the firearms made in the past.

Captain Munro

AH veteran
Reaction score
Website
jtwannabewriter.blogspot.com
I sent an email to the address on the web site and it bounced .. I'm hoping they make it. And I really hope they have all of the history on the firearms made in the past.
I don't think they are fully up and running yet. They have widgets for social media pages, but they lead to dead ends. I hope they make it as well and they do right by the customer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hillgibson

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cowboy wrote on MBIZI SAFARIS's profile.
Good afternoon, please send me a list of pricing for 2022. jlcatron105@gmail.com
NTH wrote on JimT's profile.
Hey Jim, I read that you’re from Dequincey and just returned from Africa. I’m from Lake Charles and went there in April. What outfitter did you use and would you share your experience and pics? I won our trip to Kuche through DU.
gprippers wrote on SAFARIKIDD's profile.
Hello! Nice rifle! I have IDENTICAL rifle in 375 H&H so i was wondering what gunsmith did the work on it? Appreciate it and if you decide there is anything you are willing to take in partial trade, let me know. I have quite a few pistols, long guns and sxs & o/u shotguns as well.

Let me know if you are looking for anything in particular.

Thanks,
Rob
Bearhunter46 wrote on Philip Glass's profile.
Philip, do you still have the 416 for sale?
NTH wrote on Rick HOlbert's profile.
Nice “meeting” you Rick. I made my first trip to S. Africa this year through Kuche Safaris. We had an incredible time. What outfitter do you use? Neal