Dakota Arms still open?

I have been trying to contact them with information on a Model 76 I have in .375 H&H. I called emailed and sent a message through their web site .. Nothing :(

I have been trying to contact them with information on a Model 76 I have in .375 H&H. I called emailed and sent a message through their web site .. Nothing :(
I think that they might have gotten shut down by Remington because of their bankruptcy?

It is kinda strange that their site is still up.. Apparently no news since they were bought

IIRC they were bought by the same company that bought Remington Firearms. During the whole bankruptcy deal

A friend in the industry told me that they were shut down completely. The head of their custom shop, Carlos Martinez, has now gone to Kimber.

God damned shame. Dakota made fine rifles.

I have a Dakota Arms 416 Rigby with Mercury recoil reducer that shoots lights out.

I have a Dakota model 76 in .375 H&H I wanted more information on before I sell it. It's engraved with a bear and was part of a Dallas Safari Club edition. I contacted a Gun Shop in close proximity to the original factory and this was the reply I received.

"Dakota Arms was sold last year. Park West Arms bought them and they are just getting up and running."

https://www.parkwestarms.com/

I have a Dakota model 76 in .375 H&H I wanted more information on before I sell it. It's engraved with a bear and was part of a Dallas Safari Club edition. I contacted a Gun Shop in close proximity to the original factory and this was the reply I received.

"Dakota Arms was sold last year. Park West Arms bought them and they are just getting up and running."

https://www.parkwestarms.com/
I saw something posted about that in another forum. I made a thread on here too to let others know. I hope ParkWest does a good job. Maybe they will even make a magnum length actioned rifle I can afford haha.

I sent an email to the address on the web site and it bounced .. I'm hoping they make it. And I really hope they have all of the history on the firearms made in the past.

I sent an email to the address on the web site and it bounced .. I'm hoping they make it. And I really hope they have all of the history on the firearms made in the past.
I don't think they are fully up and running yet. They have widgets for social media pages, but they lead to dead ends. I hope they make it as well and they do right by the customer.

I picked up an unfired Dakota 76 the other day, I would like to have a couple things done to the rifle, mostly just iron sights added and the barrel floated. I like the Dakota sights, so I thought I would call them about sending the rifle back to them, but I can't get anyone to answer and also can't leave a message. Does anyone know if they are completely out of business? Or maybe have a contact with them.
Dakota Arms has changed names. It is now Parkwest Arms and has a new number. 605-702-0060

does anyone remember a gun writer called rick jamieson?
he wrote some good stuff, and explored ballistic coefficient with chronograph evidence.
this put the cat among the pigeons, as one thing he discovered was that the same bullet fired from different guns had different ballisic coefficients.
what killed him was that he was a wildcatter.
he had a patent on a cartridge that winchester brought out as i think the 300 wsm.
when he pursued it in court and won the case, never another gunwriting job came his way.
that is how gun writing works.
they are part of the advertising/marketing machine or they are out.
this reminds me of the story of john browning when he was designing guns for winchester.
they paid him a lump sum for each design, but one day he presented what was to be the browning a5 shotgun to them with the demand for a payment on each gun sold.
the executive he was talking to expressed anger and told him to get out.
so he went to browning and the gun was a great success, as were further designs produced by browning including pistols.
bruce.
i loved his handloads as a kid (mainly 300 Win Mag-still perfect today!) i believe he started his own brass company (featuring headstamped wildcats or oddballs) but Idt it's available any longer. i never-ever had an issue traveling with improperly headstamped cases.

Sorry to hear that they are finally, definitively, out of business. I knew Don Allen and met Pete Grisel at his Oregon shop where is had started to produce what later became the Dakota 76 action. Don's rifles were, and are, impressive for a 'production' rifle. His death was untimely and a great loss to hunters and shooter everywhere.

If anyone has one... I am looking for ANY Dakota LH action.
Hi Nevada Mike. Are you still interested in a LH Dakota? I own a LH 76 Safari chambered in 375 H&H. I have fired approximately 6 rounds and decided I truly want a double In 375 or 450/400 3”. Please let me know if you are still interested.

Hi Nevada Mike. Are you still interested in a LH Dakota? I own a LH 76 Safari chambered in 375 H&H. I have fired approximately 6 rounds and decided I truly want a double In 375 or 450/400 3”. Please let me know if you are still interested.
Any idea on how much you want for it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bkNen

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross